Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erik
    • May 2000

Customizing error messages

I figured I'd drop by here in an effort to save my lazy self some work. Does anyone know where the:

[quote]Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in admin/db_mysql.php on line 69

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    [/quote]

and similar messages are generated in vBulletin. This is the sort of thing I'd like to customize, but I'm not having an easy time finding it.
    http://wyrldscape.com
    Free Form Gaming with style and dedication.
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

The "Warning:" is a PHP error - you need to recompile PHP to change that.

The other is located in admin/db_mysql.php if you really need to change it.

Comment

• Erik
      • May 2000

What I've noticed is that if the database is messed up enough to give such an error it also usually is incapable of retrieving the tech address and so no email gets sent.

If it's a corrupt table the mail will still get sent...I figure I'm going to encourage anyone reading that message to send in email a bit more strongly.
      http://wyrldscape.com
      Free Form Gaming with style and dedication.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • May 2000
        • 1.1.x

Actually most of the time the tech address is retrieveable but I do agree that the address needs to be put in the [b]config.php[/b] and not in the database. DOH!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...