Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weezel
    • Oct 2000

IIS5, Mysql and PHP

I am having some problems with IIS5 and PHP... On NT 4 I ran a mysql server and php. But then I switched to Win 2k Server. At first php worked fine (v.4.0.2) but I would stop working after a day or so... unknown reason to me. Anyways... i read about a mem leak that the last version had and so i thought i would upgrade php to v4.0.3 and later found v4.0.3pl. Anways... after trying to switch over I had tons of errors and problems. It seems as though I got the bulletin to work (lite version) but there are all sorts of php errors on the page
    [url]http://forums.webpimps.net[/url]

Does anyone have any tips? Is there a simple, easy way to get php installed and working? I tried the win32 php installer but it gave me some oxccom32 error or something like that but still said it installed correctly. Its not that php completely doesnt work... just not right. You can check the page and see what I am talking about. If anyone has any tips for IIS5 and PHP please let me know. Thanks.
  • Weezel
    • Oct 2000

I also used the isapi module before... should I use that? or should i just use the exe? are there some permissions I am missing?

Comment

• Weezel
      • Oct 2000

The error message with the php installer is

"component 'mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly regitered: a file is missing or invalid"

Comment

• Martin
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.5.x

that's really strange.

I would like to know how you were running it as an ISAPI module under IIS. I have tried this several time and it routinely crashes inetinfo if I get more than 30 concurrent users.

PHP, from what I can see, still has some serious bugs when it comes to Win32 servers.
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

• Weezel
          • Oct 2000

yah... i really like this board but i think i might have to move over to an asp board. I just dont know what to do... it used to work and now it doesnt. I thought upgrading php would help it... not take it down.

I ran php v4.0.2 outta the win32 dir (all files) with a link to the isapi4php.dll in the iis server.

Comment

• PeF
            • Oct 2000

This activex component is very easy to find.
            If you already have it, you might try to reregister it by using regsvr32 at the dos prompt.
            (aint sure bout params, type /? for help, tho)

If you switch to ASP you may fall into more troubles than with PHP. And btw - ASP is slower than PHP.
            Try install EXE distribution instead of ISAPI.

I've been running vB for a months with over 1000 hits per day on our intranet running W2k, IIS5, PHP4, MySQL, ActivePerl and it runs really very smoothly. It took me almost 2 days to set it up but I'm at least satisfied with results. :-)
            I'm about to switch to Linux anyway. :-)

Comment

• Weezel
              • Oct 2000

can u specify a little more on what i should do? what is acually wrong?

Comment

• Weezel
                • Oct 2000

I think i figured out what you were saying but when i tried to re-register the dll... it says that it is either corrupt, regsvrdll32 (or something like that) or there is a version loaded into memory and i should use pview to detect and remove it...

what does that mean?

Comment

• PeF
                  • Oct 2000

For help simply run regsvr32.

You may try this:

regsvr32 /u mscomctl.ocx - unregisters the component
                  regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx - registers the component

If you get any error with some file, try to replace it from another computer. Be sure you back em up.

Comment

• Weezel
                    • Oct 2000

umm... i dont have the file... what am i doing wrong?

Comment

• PeF
                      • Oct 2000

You don't have mscomctl.ocx?
                      Then try to get it from another computer or I can send it by email or contact me on ICQ - 17278616. It has 1MB.

Copy it to your system32 folder and register it as mentioned above.

Comment

• Martin
                        • Apr 2000
                        • 3.5.x

I didn't have it either. is this file peculiar to IIS5? I'm running 4...
                        Webmaster:
                        @forumz

Comment

• PeF
                          • Oct 2000

[b][Martin][/b]
                          Properties on that file gave me this:
                          Windows Common Controls ActiveX Control DLL ;)

M$ is full of mysteries. I wouldn't even dare to guess if IIS5 use it or not... God and Bill knows... :D

[b][Weezel][/b]
                          I've already authorize you on ICQ. Feel free to contact me, hopefully we'll find out what's going on.

4:52 here. I have eyes like flashbulbs. Gotta go to sleep. :D

Comment

• Martin
                            • Apr 2000
                            • 3.5.x

funny, we're on exact opposite sides of the world. it was 4:54 PM here when you ade that post...
                            Webmaster:
                            @forumz

Comment

• PeF
                              • Oct 2000

Well, we made a competely new install with [b]Weezel[/b] (thx you suffered my lame English :D) and it seems to be running (fingers crossed). :-)

BTW How about write a step-by-step installation for W2k (It seems like there're most troubles) machines?

[Edited by PeF on 10-28-2000 at 01:38 AM]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...