Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hungrymonkey
    • Aug 2000

ip logging bug.

not sure why, but the $iplogged variable is not being displayed? can someone advise? i made sure in the options that i have it set for display ip?
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

Are you testing locally, on PWS (or IIS)? (or whatever it's called)

For some reason an IP isn't sent to the server - it's a server bug, not vB.

Comment

• hungrymonkey
      • Aug 2000

ahhh....i'm testing off of my server iis..

i dont understand, because me test forum display ip thing works great, it this second one that it isn't displaying?

Comment

• hungrymonkey
        • Aug 2000

it doesn't make sense for it to be a server problem if one forum works and other doesn't..is there any way to see what is going on with the $iplogged variable?

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.6.x

Look in the database, post.ip(address) I believe. If there's something there, then it's a vB thing. If not it's a PHP/server thing.

Comment

• hungrymonkey
            • Aug 2000

looked in the database...

ok...i looked in the database and the post ip.address is there. I works in another test database so i know its not the server, but i just can't find out what may be conflicting with $iplogged that it wont display..its the weirdest thing...i've almost given up and resolved just to live with it until the new version comes out....i hear its coming out in a month or 2...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...