Clear All
  • hungrymonkey
    • Aug 2000

one month later..still trying.

ok. Here is the unusual problem. I have my own server. stats:
    1. windows nt server 2000
    2. php 4.02 installed
    3. mysql latest release installed
    4. trying to install vbulletin 1.13 beta...
    5. set php to work with extension .php

ok. I am pretty sure the basic php is working. I can run phptest..and it says it is installed correctly. I can look at the setup of php at : [url]http://www.hungrymonkey.net/test.php[/url] (on my server)

I run mysqladmin, and it says mysql is setup correctly, and i created my own database, and granted all privileges to it.

I then try and run the install script: [url]http://www.tonicpupil.com/upload/admin/install.php[/url] but when i click on the link, nothing happens...the url changes to step 2...links work, but the variable for step 2 doesn't seem to be set or being passed on.

my thoughts. its not a mysql problem (not yet anyways) cause the config.php variables aren't even loading up yet... it seems to be a php problem, but it is installed correctly (might be a php.ini setting, but i don't know what to change). This has been frustrating me for a month now, can someone, ANYONE..please help? I haven't changed the install.php script in anyway by the way.
  • John
    • Apr 2000

You should open a support ticket using our support system I think. I have had a quick look on the server and I cannot obviously see what the problem is.

[url]http://www.vbulletin.com/support/[/url]

John
    John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• hungrymonkey
      • Aug 2000

tried that...

i tried asking for support...even paid the 65 dollars but its been a month now, and i'm still waiting for some help. James is trying as hard as he can to find someone..and has even refunded the money..., but I was kinda hoping someone out there would be able to help.

Comment

• Dennis Wrenn
        • Sep 2000

I had this problem too when trying to install the lite version..
        Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, SQL, ASP, JavaScript, C++, Perl

PHP 4.0.6
        MySQL 3.23.39
        Windows 2000

Comment

• hungrymonkey
          • Aug 2000

actuallly they found someone to help me out and they got it working perfectly!

Comment

• Dennis Wrenn
            • Sep 2000

What was the problem?
            Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, SQL, ASP, JavaScript, C++, Perl

PHP 4.0.6
            MySQL 3.23.39
            Windows 2000

Comment

• hungrymonkey
              • Aug 2000

it was a permissions issue with php....win2000 has a new permissions system that had me confused i guess...i really dont know how he managed to fix it so easily, but he said it was a permissions issue and was caused by php not being able to pass variables. once james finally put me in touch with him (won't unfairly disclose name) he was amazing.

Comment

• Vigile
                • Oct 2000

This may be old news, but could you please clarify how it was fixed? I have Win2000 server running with Apache 1.3.9 and have the same 'repeating' problem.

I am not a seasoned NT Technician, and don't know how to change the permissions of PHP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...