X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.5.x

Question for those running it live...

Have you noticed an increase or decrease in bandwidth? or has it remained about level?

The reason I'm asking is that we're using about 2 gigs/day right now and I would *love* to know if this will affect that either way...
    Webmaster:
    @forumz
  • jimbo
    • Apr 2000

Yes

With UBB I was averaging about 70 or 80 MB per day; just checking my logs, it appears as if I am now averaging about 40 or 50 MB per day, and my traffic is higher now than it was before. I'm sure after a while a more accurate analysis can be given.
    Attached Files

Comment

• wandrer
      • Apr 2000

doubt if it would change...

I doubt if bandwidth would change. bandwidth won't change unless less information is sent. Depending on how the templates are set up - that could drop bandwidth by a few bytes per pade displayed. Information/graphics/text is still being sent from computer to computer. Server processing, though, should be about 1/3rd compared to UBB or other perl forums.

Comment

• Martin
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.5.x

I was thinking it might stay level, too, but with the cleaner layout I was hoping for mebbe a slight decrease at least.

I already new that server strain and storage would be significantly reduced. I guess the hat trick is too much to hope for :)

Thanx for the answers. It will be interesting to see how this develops over time :)
        Attached Files
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

• werehere
          • Apr 2000

I am right at 2GB a day as well, and you can drop the transfer down by ditching the icons, and limiting the graphics. I have replaced the icons and some other graphics a while ago for text links, and it did drop down.
          Attached Files
          We're Here Forums!
          [email protected]

Comment

• jimbo
            • Apr 2000

you're right

Ahh, that's what it is I bet. I'm not using the post icons with vB. I also eliminated some unecessary graphics. I apologize for not taking that into consideration...
            Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...