Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TechTalk
    • Jul 2000

Question about Super Moderators.....

Does anyone else use them, and if so how did you set them up? I converted from ubb so I have alot of weird permissions and stuff that vb wont let me change but I want all my mods to be supermods. Do I still assign the mods to a forum or what?

If anyone is implementing this I would love to see it in action if you could give me urls

Thanks for you time
    ~Chris
  • werehere
    • Apr 2000

Well I have one supermoderator that has access to the control panel, and has a custom title (so it does not say super moderator), and I listed her in a couple forums for moderator, seems to work fine for me, but with access to the control panel, it sees her basically as an admin. :)
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

• Dave Baker
      • Jul 2000

Is there anything in the documentation referring to a supermoderator? I can't find it.

Comment

• David Copeland
        • May 2000

[b]I thought all moderators were
        Super Moderators. Maybe I'm
        missing something here too.

David[/b]

DAVID COPELAND
        Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
        Celebrating 22 Years with VB

Comment

• thetakerfan
          • Jun 2000

super moderators have complete control over all boards, I think, where as normal moderators have control over specific boards
          to make a normal moderator you have to go into the edit forum area, I believe

Comment

• Me2Be
            Lady Moderator
            • Jun 2000

All my moderators are setup as super moderators - they can do anything EXCEPT access the control panel, or do administrative functions. This way they can make any necessary changes to any forum they are visiting.

Comment

• TechTalk
              • Jul 2000

I still cannot figure out how to take my moderators out of their premade (ubb imported) access groups and assiging them supermoderator....I could have sworn that when I started the conversion it said "since moderators are stored differently in vb that they are in ubb they wil not be imported" I think it should have been that ay since it messes things up so much anyway!

Question of curiosity:
              Is the developer of vb just like ted over at infopop, where he never drops in to help out? I wouldnt mind if this stuff was well documented but it isnt.

~Chris

Comment

• thetakerfan
                • Jun 2000

Normally, John does visit these boards, but he's been off working on the next version, which will have BIG changes, for awhile, all alone, so he hasn't been here in a long time
                James is around, but he's busy running EVERYTHING else by himself, so he doesn't post very often either
                Usually people here can answer things just as well as they can anyway

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Apr 2000
                  • 3.6.x

Chris - just go to the usergroup settings and change the user's usergroup to "Super Moderator"

Comment

• TechTalk
                    • Jul 2000

This isnt true.....I did try to change all my mods from their current groups to "Super Moderator" and when I did all of them were removed from the main forum page and placed in one forum, and then the group "Super Moderator" dissapeared!! :mad:

This is too much......John , James..does one of you plan on commenting any time soon??? This is obviously a problem that needs to be addressed.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Apr 2000
                      • 3.6.x

(Psst.. John isn't back yet and James isn't the techie...)

Comment

• TechTalk
                        • Jul 2000

Well I just posted a support issue....lets see how long it takes to get a reply ;)

~Chris

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...