Hell Yes

[QUOTE]
    2. Is it worth the money
    [/B][/QUOTE]

UBB is $200 - you tell me?

[QUOTE]
    3. How good is the traffic
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Depends if you allow HTML and Smilies in your forums but it would compare to UBB as it is styled after it and traffic is traffic no matter if the backend is Perl or PHP

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
      • Jun 2000
      • 4.0.x

I just took a look at your site (UBB) and see that you get a significant amount of traffic. I think you will fall in love with vBulletin.... the database will be 10% the size of UBB's flat files, it's much faster then the UBB, and it is really easy to install and run.

They could charge twice what they are (NOT that I am suggesting this :)) and it's still a good deal. Plus the import from UBB works pretty well.

HTH.

-Chris

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

yes it's easy to run and install.... and definitely worth the money.. i installed vbulletin 17 days ago and the traffic consumption on my forum is around 300 - 400MB/day. I have lots of smilies but disabled html and img tag in all but 2 forums.

vbulletin is fast and my members like the improved speed, which means post counts are up and member visitor length has sky rocketed :D
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
          • May 2000

I would say a definite yes to all. BUUUUT...

be careful about one thing. Always, always make a backup of your databases. Now even though this could be an isolated incident I and other people have experienced corrupted tables and am now working on saving my posts. perhaps in the future this will be very very rare after John releases the non beta version.

Again this doesn't happen very often, but if your board is very popular and has a lot of posts make sure you maintain it often.

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
            • Jun 2000
            • 4.0.x

Having good reliable DAILY backups is a must with any bulletin board software (or really, any data you care about and don't want to re-enter :))

-Chris

Comment

• Nemmie
              • Jul 2000

How does one backup the database?
              I can find it on my own server in the mysql dir but where can I find at my host, or is this different from site to site?

TIA,

Comment

• Roe Aquemini
                • Jun 2000

WrestlingForums.com

Go to [url]http://wrestlingforums.com[/url] to see another Wrestling Board using the VB! I love it! It is soooooo much better than the UBB!

Comment

• Username
                  • May 2000

Daily Cron Backup

For the person who asked about how to do an auto backup daily, check out this thread:
                  [url]http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=973[/url]

I think maybe there should be a "vB FAQ" where the most popular and important questions could be archived. Maybe there already is???

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...