X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheeky
    • Apr 2000

compulsory copyright notice ?

me again! ;)

Is it compulsory to attach the vBulletin copyright notice to the Bulletin Board for external users ?

If it is compulsory...then my next question is...is the following link a vBulletin system?
    [url=http://www.free4all.com/forum/index.php]Free4All[/url]

I shall mind my own business now.
  • cheeky
    • Apr 2000

Advertising.com ?

And their front end is [url=http://www.Advertising.com]very similar[/url] here too!

This is not good practice for us hard working webmasters.
    hope you like the links.

Now can you think of a possible place where to post any disagreements about their site ? hmmmm

another one for John & James to look into and I'd be glad of any confirmations.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • May 2000
      • 1.1.x

Of course it is vBulletin - no need to post the rhetorical question of "is it? or not".

Considering there is no time for bugs to be fixed and user problems to be helped, I doubt there is time to go after non-paying users.

[Edited by rangersfan on 06-28-2000 at 09:41 PM]

Comment

• cheeky
        • Apr 2000

the rhetorical questions were because I'm multi-tasking and it's very easy to make a mistake, so I was covering my (_|_)!

Of course, it's vB's perogrative to do whatever they want with non-paying users. I'm just letting the team know and they can decide what if any actions to take.

I'm not sure what you meant by "no time for bugs to be fixed". isn't that called "support" ? ;)

and it only takes 5 minutes to inform a web host of copyright issues. They have their own policies and move pretty sharpish, believe me. Also AdAgent or Free4All is a CJ merchant, who aren't positively contributing to the confidence that one might expect from a commercial merchant.

I saw what I thought was a commercial site using unpaid or unlicensed software and posted here as it seemed highly relevant.

next time, I won't bother if that's how you feel.

Comment

• werehere
          • Apr 2000

Thank you for posting the links, I will pass them on. :)
          We're Here Forums!
          [email protected]

Comment

• wajones
            • Jul 2000

Hummm! seems [url]http://www.free4all.com/forum/index.php[/url] has ceased to function and [url]http://www.advertising.com[/url] doesn't seem to have a forum any longer unless I missed it.... good work ;)

Comment

• Menno
              • Apr 2000

Yeah, just when I wanted to check it was gone.

Couldn't you have waited a couple of days? :D
              - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• John Harrison
                • Oct 2000

yes I would have liked to seen it but people just couldn't have waited a few days! :)

Comment

• wajones
                  • Jul 2000

At a recent Microsoft "Technet conference" those in attendence (I was there in "Sun" Diego) were offered $90 a pop for anyone they turn in and are prosecuted and convicted for "distributing" illegal copies of their software. Then they ask for a raise of hands (off the record) who attending the session that knew of or was using an illegal/bootleg copy of their software, at least 90% raised their hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...