User title forced for admin was reset ?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sharg
    • Jun 2000

User title forced for admin was reset ?!

Hi,
    I'm the admin on my board, and I forced my user name to use a custom title (actually a name + image html tak so I have my own picture).

It worked fine. Then I changed some stuff in the config, did save it, and I saw my admin custom title reverted to "Moderator" ??

It seems something hapens when we save some options.

Benj
  • Username
    • May 2000

This might be related.

I recently changed one of the options for the "registered" user group - I simply changed the "can delete own posts" from on to off. Then, when I went and looked at the board, none of the registered users had any titles. I had to update the users (whatever that's called) to get their titles back. The titles were still saved as what I had set them up as, but they were removed from the profile of every user that was in the 'registered' group ('admin' users were left as they were and retained their titles.)

Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug or am I losing my mind?

Comment

• John
      • Apr 2000

Benj

Are you sure that you set the option to keep the custom title? Also, what did you do to make it revert to moderator?

John
      John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• risestar
        • Apr 2000

This happened to be when i accidently removed myself as a moderator

Can't someone be an admin without being a moderator?

Comment

• John
          • Apr 2000

Your title should not have reset, and I believe that it is a bug that has just been found.

However, it is possible to be an admin without being a moderator. Is your name appearing in all the moderators fields?
          John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...