X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bk
    • Jun 2000

PHP3 Vs. PHP

Well...
    I have a problem. On my Server is PHP3 installed, but if I want to start the freewareboard, it is sending me a message like "php is not runnig". Is there still a way to run the vBulletin nevertheless? I ask, because I don't want to pay for a license, when I don't can run this beautfull script on my Server.

thanX for help!
  • manifesto
    • Apr 2000

You can set your server to parse files that end in .php by PHP3. The only reason they end in .php (I think) is for PHP4, though I'm not sure why.

If you're hosted by someone else, then ask them to do that for you, otherwise you can change all the extensions to .php3, and use something like Textpad to search for, and replace .php with .php3 in all the files for the script.

Either way you should be able to get it working, as long as that's the only problem your server has with it.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Apr 2000
      • 3.6.x

Correct, the official extension for PHP4 is .php, so tell your host to upgrade, since it's in a stable release anyway :D

Before replacing all the extensions, try adding this line to an .htaccess in your vB directory (if you run Unix):
      [code]AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php[/code]

Comment

• bk
        • Jun 2000

Thank you :) I replaced all .php with .php3 (without the <?php, of course :-)). So it works *happy*. But, now, I've I problem with mySQL, but I know where it is. So, thX. (I tried the thing wie .htaccess, too, but it didn't work on my Unix Server *grrr*)

Comment

• bk
          • Jun 2000

grrr, I have a new problem... take a look at this:

Attempting to connect...

Warning: Host 'decweb.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in db_mysql.php3 on line 31

Warning: 0 is not a MySQL link index in db_mysql.php3 on line 37

grr, whats my fault?

I use a Apache/1.3.3 Cobalt (Unix) (Red Hat/Linux) PHP/3.0.7 Server and I don't know anything about mySQL, but it's installed. My ips is [url]http://www.ipshost.ch[/url] ([email protected]).

[Edited by bk on 06-19-2000 at 01:53 PM]

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

if your MySQL server (or daemon, whatever) is on the same server as your site, you can just put in "localhost" instead.

Comment

• bk
              • Jun 2000

it didn't work:

Attempting to connect...

Warning: Access denied for user: 'xx@localhost' (Using password: YES) in db_mysql.php3 on line 31

Warning: 0 is not a MySQL link index in db_mysql.php3 on line 37

I try to install vBulletin Lite version 0.9.0 Freeware...

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                • May 2000
                • 1.1.x

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bk [/i]
                Warning: Host 'decweb.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in db_mysql.php3 on line 31
                [/QUOTE]

That looks like your host doesn't have permission to connect to that mysql server. Contact the mysql admin and verify decweb.com has permission to connect to your database.

Comment

• bk
                  • Jun 2000

Thanks a lot, I'll try to do this. And if it doesn't work, i came back to you :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...