Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John
    • Apr 2000

1.1.2 FINAL BETA

Well - we are almost there. I have been working hard at getting 1.1.2 ready for release. There is a final beta running on this site at the moment. This will run as beta for a few days, then I will release the code as beta code. As long as this goes fine, the code will be officiall classified as release quality Wednesday or Thursday this week.

The main new feature that is visible to everybody is the member list hack. Thanks to Ed Sullivan, and others, for the basic templates and code on which I have built it. There are a few other visible features, but most of the work has been happening behind the scenes, adding new options, streamlining, and fixing problems. All bugs that have been reported have been fixed, as many of the feature requests/suggestions have been implemented.

If you have any problems, or spot anything suspicious with this release, please let us know soonest in the appropriate forum.

Thanks,
    John
    John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)
  • bira
    • May 2000

great news!

Hi John,

I had 4 "bugs" that bothered me:

1) the login bug: just tested that and it seems to be fixed!

2) the "show threads from x days" giving blank 2nd page: fixed!

3) users being able to access private forums via the "view last post": I can't really test that, so you tell me if it's fixed.

4) registration security\e-mail verification: I tried registering a new account to check this, but either you don't have e-mail verification or something is wrong, because I had not received any e-mail yet. Have you changed that too?

I love the memberlist and the fact that you added to it the homepage\search\email icons (as I asked Ed).

Great job, John. I am really looking forward to have the final release at the end of the week, after which I am doing the much-awaited switch!

Thank you,

Bira

Comment

• Craig A
      • Apr 2000

Glad to see the border feature appear on the homepage. Now can we have more options in the control panel such as that other forum software has - ie ability to select the colour of that border, the ability to vary the width of the tables without altering the templates, etc.

Also, those profile fields need to be sorted out soon - the new member list addon makes it even more important. We should be able to sort users by location, etc... so location occupation, etc should have their own field.

Comment

• WebStyles
        • Apr 2000

Cool! New post indicators are fixed...
        We're Here Forums!
        [email protected]

Comment

• bira
          • May 2000

but....

Originally posted by WebStyles
          Cool! New post indicators are fixed...
          But does it actually work for you? When I click on "go to first unread" or on the arrow for the last post etc' it simply takes me to the thread - the top of it even - and not to the last post or the first post I did not read

Comment

• Craig A
            • Apr 2000

Works here deary...

Comment

• WebStyles
              • Apr 2000

Originally posted by bira
              But does it actually work for you? When I click on "go to first unread" or on the arrow for the last post etc' it simply takes me to the thread - the top of it even - and not to the last post or the first post I did not read
              I was actually talking about the new post thingies on the home page, since I've never gotten the hang of the blue arrow... but, I did test them for you, and they're working on my end.
              We're Here Forums!
              [email protected]

Comment

• bira
                • May 2000

ok, not only is it not working for me, but the login problem just reappeared

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Apr 2000
                  • 3.6.x

I too still have this login problem. And yeah, I have cookies enabled - it works flawlessly on my 1.1.1 board.

Comment

• werehere
                    • Apr 2000

Ed Sullivan,

Have you went to the admin demo, and if so have you went back to that demo board and actually logged out? I corrupt my cookie every time I go to that demo, and when I log out it fixes it every time.

Just a suggestion
                    We're Here Forums!
                    [email protected]

Comment

• TB2
                      • May 2000

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                      I too still have this login problem. And yeah, I have cookies enabled - it works flawlessly on my 1.1.1 board.
                      Me too.

Comment

• bira
                        • May 2000

I haven't been to the admin area, but I deleted the cookies and now are trying a fresh start. We'll see how it goes

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                          • Apr 2000
                          • 3.6.x

werehere,

Yeah, I had been to the admin demo, but I actually recall logging out because of these things.

But I went back and, of course, I was still logged in So I logged out, and when I came back here it actually said I was logged in - albeit from 5-21

Thanks.

Comment

• theprof
                            • May 2000

What about timezones?

Can you please squeeze in the timezone thing? You know, have users choose their own timezone by a dropdown menu?

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                              • May 2000
                              • 1.1.x

re: time zone

Yes there is no way most of my users will be able to figure out that they should be putting a 2, -2, 3 or whatever in the time offset field.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...