Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John
    • Apr 2000

Limited beta-testing to begin soon!

We hope to begin a limited public beta test shortly. To do this we need some willing volunteers to provide us with information about their forum. We will then collect all the results and notify the lucky people who are to be testing vBulletin 3. We hope to begin testing soon after the new year, so get those applications in!

To apply, please go to the members area and click the 'Apply to beta test v3' link next to any/all of your licenses. We plan to do this on a per-license basis. Please fill in the form in as much detail as possible and provide us with any additional information that we may find useful.

I would like to take this chance to wish you all a very merry Christmas and happy new year. Thank you all for your patience in waiting for vBulletin 3, but we are very happy to be able to start releasing it to customers in this form. 2003 will be an exciting year for vBulletin and Jelsoft!

All the best,
    John
    John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)
  • Scott MacVicar
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Dec 2000

As an aid to help decide if your system will support vBulletin 3 a test script has been created and is attached to this post.

Upload this to your server and then run the script in your browser, you will be required to enter your mysql information. This is used to test that your mysql user has the appropriate permissions required. This will involve the creation of one table which will be deleted at the end of the script.

Please post any problems to this thread.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scott MacVicar; Sun 23 Mar '03, 12:39pm.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Kier
      Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
      • Sep 2000

The private beta will be along very soon now, so I have closed down the system for applying to be a part of it.

If you didn't get your application submitted in time, sorry, but the public beta will be along before too long

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...