Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firewire
    • May 2000
    • 3.6.x

BTW: I am running 1.1.4 for nearly 24 h now and don't see any difference in CPU usage?

Comment

• Universal Sea
      • Oct 2000

easy

upgrade worked very smoothly, very much looking forward to 2.0.

good job people!

Comment

• Parker Clack
        • Apr 2000

I am looking forward to 2.0 myself. While the upgrade helped in the forumdisplay and showthread routines the main index page is now slower than ever.

This is without anyone accessing the board, posting or replying to messages. I have been using it to test its speed and when it takes about 5 seconds just to load the main index file I cannot use it.

We have over 14,000 registered members and over 100,000 posts that I transferred over from UBB.

Hopefully, 2.0 will address some of the speed of the software with large sites.

Thanks,
        Parker Clack

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • May 2000
          • 1.1.x

As long as you go by the default indexes and don't create an index on the username field in the user table than you will take a severe hit when the moderators are loaded. I would assume that these indexes will be in place in v2.0

Comment

• Shoe
            • May 2000

Good job. The installation went smoothly and I am very happy to say that now I can email all members of my board. You have no idea how happy I am about that! That feature was an important part of my decision to buy the board in the first place and made me miserable when I discovered it did not work and I had to wait several months for a bug fix. I can now recommend you as you provide what you advertise but I think features you advertise which don't work should be fixed immediately.

As with so many others, I am looking forward to version 2.

"The best time to sleep is just before waking up."

--Shoebuddy Jones

Comment

• Dragon
              • May 2000

I love 1.1.4!

Smooth and intelligent upgrade, much faster and more stable. I was having serious slowdowns with over 30 people on and now it's screaming along with 40 at once...faster than it ever did with only 5 people on! Thank you Jelsoft!!!

Comment

• Robertus
                • Oct 2000

anything special I have to do when installiung the PM-Hack with 1.1.4 ?

Comment

• PeF
                  • Oct 2000

Wrong forum. Take a look at Code Hacks and you'll find the answer.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...