Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James
    • Apr 2000

vBulletin 1.1.4 now available

vBulletin 1.1.4 is now available for download from the members area.

This version contains numberous bug fixes, as well as extensive optimisation of the database access code (this version runs significantly faster than 1.1.3 BETA, and puts less of a strain on the MySQL database). This version is primarily a bug fix release, and so there are no new features of note.

1.1.4 also fixes two security issues - we recommend that all vBulletin customers upgrade to this new version as soon as possible.

Here is the complete changelog:
    • Moderator list optimization
    • Forumdisplay optimization
    • Showthread optimization
    • Forumjump optimization
    • Indexthread optimization
    • Getpermission optimization
    • Dovars optimization (uses a cached array instead of a cached DB array)
    • Smilies/BBCode optimization
    • Other small optimizations
    • Sendtoemail bug fixed
    • Invisible thread showing bug fixed
    • Search user with space in name bug fixed
    • Import script time assignments bug fixed
    • Wordwrap bug fixed
    • Quotes (") in admin/options.php text fields bug fixed
    • Search "perpage" limited
    • Guest posts ignored on thread review bug fixed
    • Security issues fixed
    • Moderator queue allows deletion
    • Preliminary Control Panel stylizing

Credits: This version was developed by Ed Sullivan, Freddie Bingham and Chris Lambert, while vBulletin developer John continues to work on version 2.0 of vBulletin. Thanks!

Download vBulletin now:

All the best,

James
    James Limm
  • VirtueTech
    • Jun 2000

Hello,

I have added all of the optimizations in the "Code Hacking Forum". I noticed some new ones here and I am thinking of going through and adding all the hacks again to the 1.14 code.

However, I don't want to get finished doing that and 2.0 come out...how long till 2.0? Is that date you said a week ago still looking like a real release date?

Thanks for you help.
    PaintballCity.com
    VB Board of the Month: October

Comment

• George L
      Former vBulletin Support
      • May 2000
      • 3.8.x

same position here as well, but i think i can wait
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• firewire
        • May 2000
        • 3.6.x

Just to calm down people being too scared to do the upgrade:

worked like a charm, no templates were changed except one (getinfo), upgrade went through perfectly.

So, go ahead

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

well i decided next friday i am doing the upgrade, but i found a bug in 1.1.3 beta 3 which i am not sure is fixed in 1.1.4 - i'll post it in the bug forum first

[Edited by eva2000 on 11-01-2000 at 11:49 AM]
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• VirtueTech
            • Jun 2000

Hello,

My problem is that I have added, or Rangersfan rather, has added extra custom profile fields to my VB and I can't just simply upgrade to 1.14.

Would the Jelsoft company or one of the moderators be so kind as to post the optimizations, if not already in the code hacks forum, as an upgrade so that I can add them to my heavily hacked forum?

Thanks.
            PaintballCity.com
            VB Board of the Month: October

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • May 2000
              • 1.1.x

Jim your forum seems to be running ok so if you can I would just wait until v2.0 (or even v2.0.1 et al). Then we can tackle the upgrade problem and see how the "new" customizeable profile fields work out.

Comment

• Shane
                • Oct 2000
                • 3.8.x

Upgrade worked like a charm!
                Shane
                CIO, FrakMedia.net
                Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

Comment

• Richard Tafoya
                  • Apr 2000

What specifically are the security issues addressed in the upgrade?

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
                    • May 2000

I hope he doesn't announce the issues in detail... Might pose a threat to people's sites if malicious surfers knew more about the security flaws.

BTW it's funny how quickly you guys work! I'm debating whether to wait for the 2.0 or simply install this! Oh...what the hey.. I'm too curious! Must check out new version!

Comment

• Brian
                      • Apr 2000

Actication Email Improvments

Just a suggestion but I think we need a better way for people to confirm their membership when using email verfication. The current method uses a long url and thus gets cut off in a lot of email programs. Could something shorter be used like:

confirm.php?user=name&id=idnumber

And also provide a url where they can enter in this info if the url does not work for them. IE:

confirm.php ==> To validate your account please enter the following information found in your activation email.

User Name:
                      Password:
                      Activation Number:

This should help the tons of users I have having problems with the current system........
                      << This Space Intentionally Left Blank >>

Comment

• Richard Tafoya
                        • Apr 2000

Good point. James, I'll be emailing you for more information.

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
                          • May 2000

Well...I'd rather him give a general statement on the members page (or mail the users with licenses) than sending out specifics at all. IMHO, I'd rather not know what happened than have 20 more people discover how to exploit the security features and cause mayhem on forums they don't like.

Comment

• doron
                            • Apr 2000

Re: Actication Email Improvments

Originally posted by Brian
                            Just a suggestion but I think we need a better way for people to confirm their membership when using email verfication. The current method uses a long url and thus gets cut off in a lot of email programs. Could something shorter be used like:

confirm.php?user=name&id=idnumber

And also provide a url where they can enter in this info if the url does not work for them. IE:

confirm.php ==> To validate your account please enter the following information found in your activation email.

User Name:
                            Password:
                            Activation Number:

This should help the tons of users I have having problems with the current system........
                            I hacked this once, if you search for threads started by bira, you shoudl find it.

Comment

• ceej
                              • Nov 2000

The upgrade was a snap-- very good experience. And it's a definite performance improvement.

I have two comments, one about changes in 1.1.4 and one in general.

First, about the control panel changes. I'm sure it's pretty and all to have nice blue boxes around each item in the scrolling list on the left. This is not, however, a change that improves the control panel-- in fact, it makes the control panels worse. The problem with the cp design right now is that the scrolling list is long and items I use often are in the middle of the list. The blue boxes make the list even longer. Consider abandoning the alphabetical listing by control type, and move oft-used items to the top. Also look at ways to control that vertical bloat.

I'd prefer to see you guys concentrating on usability first and graphic design later.

The second item was a problem that I fixed with a hack in 1.1.3 and re-fixed in 1.1.4. This business of reporting that "1 member(s) and 1 guest(s)" are logged in now is... well, you know how many there are, so why not get the plural right?
                              C J Silverio
                              http://www.spies.com/Forums/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...