Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thefenixboy
    • Aug 2000

I love the previous layout

Sorry, im new but the previous layout is more funny and brillant, the icons are more nice and... i dont want this layout

Sorry...

Bye.

Comment

• Parker Clack
      • Apr 2000

Want I really meant to say on the skins suggestion is that members of this board, owners of the vbulletin software, could upload skins to a database for others to chose from. I like the idea of giving members the ability to chose the skin that they wanted to use to make it even more personable.

Skins would include the buttons that would be used with the board, they could be the standard button just recolored or new buttons that a vbulletin owner designs.

Just an idea.

Parker

Comment

• Ciaran
        • Jun 2000

I have to say that the yellow/orange smilies/icons are cack . They're just so bland and boring looking. They convey no emotions at all, which IMHO is what smilies are all about.

Bring back some life into the smiles!

And the reply box size and colour scheme are ridiculous. Please change it ASAP as I'm going blind even while attempting to type this reply

Oh, and just two features I'd also like to see :
        • A feature in the standard templates to set a table border colour
        • A feature in the standard templates to set a table width
        • Maybe the standard templates should use a <CENTER> tag around each table. If the default tablewidth of 100 is changed, the forum looks much better if centered (IMHO anyway )
        • Any chance of a 'copy smilies option', where a member can simply click on a smilie graphic to add it into the message?

[Edited by Ciaran on 09-06-2000 at 10:30 AM]
        Ciaran Moran.
        eForecourt.com

Comment

• Sharg
          • Jun 2000

Oops, I noticed that now again, the thread displays message per message, instead of waiting the whole page to be loaded (because of table).

I REALLY welcome back this feature. Its MUCH much better and faster to the eye like this.

May I suggest to have this way of doing ALSO for the front page ? Like each category would be on a separate table, so if we have tons of forums, it will display category per category, instead of having to wait the entire page to load ?

New design is GREAT, exept some strange contrast choices, and yellow icons uglyness.

Benj

[Edited by Benj on 09-07-2000 at 08:22 PM]

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • May 2000
            • 1.1.x

/me wonders why James continues to use these horrible CSS settings on the textarea and input boxes when it is obvious no one likes them.

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
              • Jun 2000
              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by rangersfan
              horrible CSS settings on the textarea and input boxes when it is obvious no one likes them.
              Very true.... the later in the day it gets, the more I need to squint my eyes just to read what I am typing in. I *really* hope this can be changed soon. I can live with orange similies.... but not tiny text

Comment

• werehere
                • Apr 2000

/me wonders why James continues to use these horrible CSS settings on the textarea and input boxes when it is obvious no one likes them.
                For me it does not even matter that I dont like it, I can hardly use it
                We're Here Forums!
                [email protected]

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • May 2000
                  • 1.1.x

Time to Rejoice!

We can now read what we are typing in!

Comment

• JohnM
                    • May 2000

those smilies stink

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
                      • Jun 2000
                      • 4.0.x

We can now read what we are typing in!
                      Yes what a big improvement!

<--- this guy still needs white teeth though hahaha

Comment

• bbyrd
                        • Apr 2000

Coolness

Man i love this design. Too bad my host don't support php and mysql.

Comment

• JimF
                          • May 2000

I still can't read what I'm typing.

Also, the icon descriptions at the bottom of the forumdisplay page is missing a clogin perenthsis for the new post description.

-jim

Comment

• Kaiser_Sose
                            • Jul 2000

I am really getting sick and tired of these post that are *****ing at the new design. What some of you are doing is more than than offerring objective improvements but rather whining about subjective preferences. We do not own this board, we are given this space and oppurtunity to share and ask questions regarding the authors program, and if you dont like it, dont use it. Its that simple

That said, please refrain from knocking the design that the author obviously likes and prefers. It is unfair for those of you that ***** and wihne constantly about his board

Comment

• TechTalk
                              • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Kaiser_Sose
                              I am really getting sick and tired of these post that are *****ing at the new design. What some of you are doing is more than than offerring objective improvements but rather whining about subjective preferences. We do not own this board, we are given this space and oppurtunity to share and ask questions regarding the authors program, and if you dont like it, dont use it. Its that simple

That said, please refrain from knocking the design that the author obviously likes and prefers. It is unfair for those of you that ***** and wihne constantly about his board
                              I think you missed the point here. Noone is "*****ing" as you call it. It is what we like to call "constructive criticism" All real designers know that it is a necessity if we plan on building a successfull site that people enjoy visiting.

Maybe you missed this part:
                              Originally posted by James
                              Everyone,

After much hard work behind the scenes we're now ready to unveil the new design of the vBulletin community forums.

Whether you love or hate the new design, I'd like to hear your feedback in this thread. Also, if you find a broken template anywhere, please post the url and I'll get it fixed up.

Get posting!

All the best,

James
                              Just my $0.02

~Chris

Comment

• jamesglewisf
                                • Sep 2000

I like your design.

I'll have to agree about the yellow hover links being hard to read.

[Edited by jamesglewisf on 09-11-2000 at 02:43 PM]
                                Jim Lewis
                                FrappyDoo! Forums
                                MarriedAdults.com
                                Hosting Matters (My Host)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...