Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Schreiber
    • Jun 2000
    • 4.0.x

Overall I love the new design.... very professional looking and it matches the rest of the site nicely.

However, as a few others have pointed out.... the grey text box with the tiny font is wayyy too small for my eyes. Hopefully you can make this bigger and easier to read.

-Chris

Comment

• Coreace
      • Jul 2000

On Track

Excellent!
      It looks more professional and it is more "compact" which I personally prefer. I don't like much the yellow icons though, but I am sure this can be changed. Good Work! And please do keep going on this track.

Comment

• Mafukie
        • Apr 2000

I really hope you guys don't use this as the default layout in version updates... Gotta love the smilies with Yellow teeth =\ other than that I really like the new layout.

Comment

• Coreace
          • Jul 2000

I love this layout and two of the icons are now in colors If you do decide to change this design it would be nice to have the option to change it yourself. The "problem" that the fonts are too small can surely be an option where you can choose on the template page. I like the flat nav link (top right) I really disliked the ugly icons and big links on the previous version. It looked really messy and not very pro. After this change I might consider to buy a license!

Keep up the good work.

Comment

• TechTalk
            • Jul 2000

Comment

• Shoe
              • May 2000

Needs more work

It's a good start but the fonts as others say are too small when typing a message, the icons (members etc need to be changed--they don't go with the new design. MAybe get rid of the icons and just use text. Why don't you use some of the fine examples of designs used by your clients? Or have them design a good default design? I didn't buy your board based on how it looked with you--but based on how others made it look.

[Edited by Shoe on 09-04-2000 at 09:37 PM]
              "The best time to sleep is just before waking up."

--Shoebuddy Jones

Comment

• TWTCommish
                • Jul 2000

The layout here works well for this site...but how many sites can you name that what the whole "orange and purple" feel for theirs? I VERY MUCH hope that the next update does not use this layout...they should stick with the older one; it's a proven method that works.
                Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

• flyer0303
                  • Jun 2000

i dont like it

ok, its nice for u, but not acceptable for my sites, but thats the good at vB, if i dont like ait (and hell, i dont like it!) then i can make easy a own layout

btw, yellow icons and smilies are really ugly

Comment

• Menno
                    • Apr 2000

hm... maybe the standart vB you can download would have a standart greyish color/style.
                    That would work nicely
                    - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• Parker Clack
                      • Apr 2000

What would be really cool is if you guys could figure out a type of skin layout. That way the basic board layout stays the same but you could pick from a list of skins (color scheme, font colors, etc.) that you could use for your own site.

Members could upload these own skins to a database that others could also pick and chose from.

Parker

Comment

• chrispadfield
                        • Aug 2000

That is a brilliant idea. The one thing is more standard images will be needed as opposed to the purpley ones here so that they work well with the typical grey, blue etc colour sets.
                        Christopher Padfield
                        Web Based Helpdesk
                        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                          Former vBulletin Developer
                          • May 2000
                          • 1.1.x

After you do that, you add an option to the user profile so that user's can switch the skins themselves ala fusetalk or cal's site http://www.iamcal.com

Comment

• Kaiser_Sose
                            • Jul 2000

if fusetalk was in a more applacable form like php + mysql it might just give vbulletin a run for its money

Comment

• Michael
                              • Apr 2000

I don't mind the layout, but it would be cool if you could offer the buttons in 5 or 6 colors, as not all peoples forums will look good with purple buttons...

Get rid of the yellow icons - and get rid of the CSS. I like the layout though, just the images really that aren't too good.
                              Michael Bray

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                                Former vBulletin Developer
                                • May 2000
                                • 1.1.x

Of course the buttons would also change depending on the skin layout. (in a perfect vB world)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...