X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John
    • Apr 2000

vBulletin v 1.1.3 BETA 1 and vBulletin Lite v 0.9.0

For more info on vBulletin Lite, see this post:

vBulletin has also progressed onto version 1.1.3 rather than a stable version of 1.1.2 because of confusion over the various versions of code arising during the development 1.1.2 . Version 1.1.3 includes no new features, but instead includes all bug fixes so far. As with previous versions, once I am convinced that we have got all the bugs out, I will declare it as officially stable code. Until then, it is just beta quality code, although it went through a number of beta cycles in 1.1.2, so there should not be too many problems remaining.

The members area has had a bit of an overhaul, so that the details can be stored in cookies if you so desire. Changelog is now on a separate page too. There is a link to clear the cookies at the top of the page, to log out of the members area.

Apologies for any confusion caused by versions of 1.1.2 - we are now on 1.1.3 .

Thanks,
    John
    John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)
  • Freddie Bingham
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • May 2000
    • 1.1.x

To upgrade over 1.1.2 do we just need to overwrite the files or do we need to run upgrade.php?

Comment

• John
      • Apr 2000

Overwrite the files, then run upgrade.php to increment the version number. There are no new templates.

John
      John Percival

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
        • May 2000
        • 1.1.x

Some things work/some don't:

replaced all the files TWICE, ran the upgrade script - did not get any errors, removed upgrade.php and my board still says v1.1.2 and I still get the same error when I try to update users.

What works now: I don't get all the user's any more when I list different user groups and the Sig Line now goes away when a user deletes their signature

What still doesn't: $icq $aim and $yahoo columns are still blank in the memberlist and I stil get this error when I try to update users:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: UPDATE user SET usertitle='New Member',lastpost= WHERE userid=54
        mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'WHERE userid=54' at line 1

[Edited by rangersfan on 06-15-2000 at 11:43 PM]

Comment

• Anzej
          • Jun 2000

It seems that something is wrong in this Lite version. It displays only the last entered forum and not all?!?

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
            • May 2000
            • 1.1.x

No one else has installed 1.1.3?

Comment

• Shaman
              • Jun 2000

Me too

the version number still says 1.1.2

However, I'm not really having any problems
              http://racing.kos.net
              http://www.rumour.com/

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                • May 2000
                • 1.1.x

Yes for most part it works great just like 1.1.2 - it is just those little things I posted about that are still broken.

Comment

• John
                  • Apr 2000

$aim $yahoo and $icq should be $aimicon $yahooicon and $icqicon.

Other issues will be dealt with in the next beta.

John
                  John Percival

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                    • May 2000
                    • 1.1.x

Thanks that fixes the memberlist problem. I just discovered another bug that you said had been fixed is still causing problems. I have a user with a '&' in his name. When I click search other posts by this user - I get this back from the search

vBulletin Message
                    Please specify either some search words or a username to search by.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...