X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Schreiber
    • Jun 2000
    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by werehere
    Talk to John about this because he runs VB-World, and has it so source code posted (VB Script) is all color coded and all. Pretty neat.
    Wow, that is really very neat.... I know my users would absolutely love something like this!

Comment

• werehere
      • Apr 2000

Well it appears that it is not enabled for some reason on his forum anymore. I do know that it seemed to work fine for quite a while however, and yes it was neat. Maybe he will jump in here and shed some light on how server intensive it is, etc, etc..
      We're Here Forums!
      [email protected]

Comment

• Me2Be
        Lady Moderator
        • Jun 2000

Better late than never!

Wow, so many familiar faces here! Hi guys!

Thanks to Mr Ed Sullivan, I now my interest peaked, when can we download the program to test it out?

[Edited by Me2Be on 10-13-2000 at 07:55 PM]

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
          • Jun 2000
          • 4.0.x

Re: Better late than never!

Originally posted by Me2Be
          Wow, so many familiar faces here!

Thanks to Mr Ed Sullivan, I now my interest peaked, when can we download the program to test it out?
          Hi Me2Be! I just stopped over here a few days ago and was surprised to see many familiar faces over here

Yes I'm eager to take a look at the demo version too... I have even installed PHP and MySQL and got them up and running on my laptop so I'm ready to take a look... so far it's been interesting.

-Chris

Comment

• Me2Be
            Lady Moderator
            • Jun 2000

Re: Re: Better late than never!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
            Originally posted by Me2Be
            Yes I'm eager to take a look at the demo version too... I have even installed PHP and MySQL and got them up and running on my laptop so I'm ready to take a look... so far it's been interesting.
            My host's tech person is waiting to install it for me. She's quite interested in seeing how this product performs because she knows our UBB is such a CPU hog.

John, When is the download going to be available?

Comment

• Menno
              • Apr 2000

uhm, from what *I* know, he's either still bashing away at some details for 1.1.2
              if he's not, then he's working on the free version

BTW, nice to see yet another familiar face around
              - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• wandrer
                • Apr 2000

This message is basically a last call for any problems with 1.1.2
                Downloaded 1.1.2 yesterday and the only problem I encountered was with the update user 'lastpost' problem:

Code:
                Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: SELECT dateline FROM post WHERE userid=1 ORDER BY lastpost DESC LIMIT 1
                mysql error: Unknown column 'lastpost' in 'order clause'
                mysql error number: 1054
                Date: Thursday 15th of June 2000 09:44:03 AM
                Script: /forum/admin/misc.php?action=updateuser&startat=1&perpage=1
                Referer:

As seen at: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...?threadid=1018

[Edited by wandrer on 06-15-2000 at 11:06 AM]

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • May 2000
                  • 1.1.x

There are other issues that I have posted and received no response about.
                  [list=1][*]If I click "list users" on any of the user groups in the "Modify User Groups" I get a list of all the forum users.
                  [*]If I uncomment the aim/icq/yahoo code in $memberlist & $memberlistbits the aim/icq/yahoo columns remain empty in the member list (I know it works somehow as I see craig has it going on his board)
                  [*]The signature line remains in posts if you remove your signature from your profile.
                  [*]When I click on "Email Users" in the control panel I get this using latest 1.1.2:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /usr/local/zeus/web_roots/main/www.hedgehogwheels.com/forums/admin/email.php on line 135

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /usr/local/zeus/web_roots/main/www.hedgehogwheels.com/forums/admin/email.php on line 135

Parse error: parse error in /usr/local/zeus/web_roots/main/www.hedgehogwheels.com/forums/admin/email.php on line 135 [/list=1]

[Edited by rangersfan on 06-15-2000 at 11:31 AM]

Comment

• Username
                    • May 2000

EMail Users Admin Error

I get the same error (in the latest version of 1.1.2) when I try to email users. It displays the form to email users, then shows the error (listed above) at the bottom, below the submit button.

Comment

• John
                      • Apr 2000

All four of those problems are now fixed.

John
                      John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• JimF
                        • May 2000

So, is 1.1.2 considered stable yet?

Comment

• John
                          • Apr 2000

No - but watch this space!

John
                          John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• bira
                            • May 2000

John, I'm curious about something: we are experiencing a blissful time with the bulletin board and none of the bugs others suffer from seem to surface in our board. For that reason, I was reluctant (and still am) to upgrade or change any of the php files. So in short, what I am really asking is, would it be possible to get a list of major changes from you so I can decide whether to upgrade or not, and also I could simply perhaps implement them myself in the current files?

Comment

• JimF
                              • May 2000

Originally posted by bira
                              John, I'm curious about something: we are experiencing a blissful time with the bulletin board and none of the bugs others suffer from seem to surface in our board. For that reason, I was reluctant (and still am) to upgrade or change any of the php files.
                              That is my exact situation. I am afraid to upgrade because I don't want things to start going wrong. Like, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, I want some of the new features, such as online guests, etc.

I've been wanting to upgrade, but I wanted to make sure everything was 100% stable and bug free first.

Comment

• bira
                                • May 2000

well the other thing is that we did make some changes - like the PM hack - to the scripts. So if there aren't any new features, I would rather not upgrade

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...