Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.0.4 extreme slowness due to jquery scripts

Hello

After upgrading from 503 to 504 (overwrite of files except config.php + upgrade.php processing without error), my forum (on 127.0.0.1) is extremly slow after each page to be displayed. I have to wait some full seconde for each pages to be free to clic somewhere else.

Error message is (translated to english) :
    A script on this page is perhaps busy or does not answer any longer. You can stop it now or wait to see if it will end.

Script : http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs...query.min.js:2

If i move setting in "Server Settings and Optimization Options" / "Use Remote jQuery", I have the same behaviour what ever I use Google or NONE (hosting serveur name of script is the only difference).

Is it something that is known issue?

How to fix?

This did not occur in 503

NB : some of my timeout was set to long values on my php server to try to workaround previous issues. With shorter timeout, impact should probably be lower but would still exist.
    Last edited by Sylv1; Fri 9th Aug '13, 2:57am.

Turn off loading them from Google in your AdminCP.

Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Use Remote jQuery

Normally, loading from Google's CDN is faster but that isn't always the case.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hi Luke

even with Use remote jQuery = NONE, slowness is there.

each new display takes about 30secondes.

Comment

Then it must be something else and not jQuery that is causing the slowness.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Social Icons in Postbit Audio Player Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AutoUpdate Force Read Stop Links in Posts ...and more!

Comment

I've seen this a few times, however I've not been able to track down what is causing it. However it does seem intermittent at best.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X