Inline Moderation - Redirect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline Moderation - Redirect

I've added an improvement request asking that the redirect not be checked by default for moved nodes. In my specific case I have hundreds of RSS feeds posted daily which need to be moved to the appropriate location but which do not require a redirect. Having to uncheck the redirect option for each move is user unfriendly. If you feel the redirect being unchecked by default would be of benefit please vote for the issue.

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18758

Do you use a cloud version? If not: Are there any differences in that posts so an add-on could do the work for you? If you need an addon you could contact me.
    -User of RSS post have no other posts.
    -Move always from channel X to channel Y

In my opinion the redirect should stay checked by default because its correct for most cases.
    vBulletin-forum.de | Das deutschsprachige vBulletin 5 Forum! | Widgets, Mods und Anleitungen auf deutsch.
    Team online, Latest Profile-Visitors, Disable-Postcount, Auto-close Threads, Latest Likes, Top-Posters PRO, New&Free: vB5 MemberMap

Comment

Originally posted by delicjous View Post
      Do you use a cloud version? If not: Are there any differences in that posts so an add-on could do the work for you? If you need an addon you could contact me.
      -User of RSS post have no other posts.
      -Move always from channel X to channel Y

In my opinion the redirect should stay checked by default because its correct for most cases.
      No, not Cloud version. This particular site collects news RSS feeds from dozens of sources on hundreds of topics. Those have to be checked for relevancy and moved manually.

In this case redirects are never used.

Comment

You could edit Template inlinemod_move_form

HTML Code:
        <input type="checkbox" name="enableredirect" id="redirect" value="1" class="dep_ctrl" checked="checked" /> {vb:rawphrase yes}</label></li>
                        <li id="redirect_deps" class="floatcontainer deps">
                            <ul class="group checkradio">
                                <li>
                                    <dl>
                                        <dt>
                                            <label for="rb_redirect_perm"><input type="radio" name="redirect" value="perm" id="rb_redirect_perm" checked="checked" />
        If you delete or comment the both checked="checked" or just only the first one it should fit your needs.
        vBulletin-forum.de | Das deutschsprachige vBulletin 5 Forum! | Widgets, Mods und Anleitungen auf deutsch.
        Team online, Latest Profile-Visitors, Disable-Postcount, Auto-close Threads, Latest Likes, Top-Posters PRO, New&Free: vB5 MemberMap

Comment

• In Omnibus
          In Omnibus commented
          Editing a comment
          I could but I hate editing templates as a rule. It's the worst possible solution to every problem.

Ok, that's right!

Try the following. Add a new template and hook it to footer_before_body_end => Hook-Arguments: user=user. Put in the following content and edit the userid to your needs.
        That should work.

HTML Code:
        <vb:if condition="$user['userid'] == 1">
        <script>
        if ( $( ".moderationmenu_container" ).length ) {
        (function(win) {
            'use strict';

var listeners = [],
            doc = win.document,
            MutationObserver = win.MutationObserver || win.WebKitMutationObserver,
            observer;

function ready(selector, fn) {
                listeners.push({
                    selector: selector,
                    fn: fn
                });
                if (!observer) {
                    observer = new MutationObserver(check);
                    observer.observe(doc.documentElement, {
                        childList: true,
                        subtree: true
                    });
                }
                check();
            }      
            function check() {
                for (var i = 0, len = listeners.length, listener, elements; i < len; i++) {
                    listener = listeners[i];
                    elements = doc.querySelectorAll(listener.selector);
                    for (var j = 0, jLen = elements.length, element; j < jLen; j++) {
                        element = elements[j];
                        if (!element.ready) {
                            element.ready = true;
                            listener.fn.call(element, element);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            win.ready = ready;

})(this);

ready('.move-posts-form', function(element) {
            $(".move-posts-form input#redirect").prop("checked", false );
            $("#rb_redirect_perm").prop("checked", false );
        });
        }
        </script>
        </vb:if>

Comment

The quickest and simplest solution without using template hooks or editing templates is by using Replacement Variables.

Search for text:

Code:
          class="dep_ctrl" checked="checked"
          Replace with text:

Code:
          class="dep_ctrl"
          I know this solution is also not ideal but worth trying while waiting for the official vB fix.

GIPHY for vB5 | AutoLinker | Video Attachments Player | Last Registered Users Module | Clear System Cache Cron | Drag-n-Drop Upload | Topic AJAX AutoUpdate | Force Read Topic

Comment

• In Omnibus
            In Omnibus commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't call it a "fix" since there's nothing wrong with it by design other than it being a major inconvenience for me on one particular site. I'd like to to be an option in the AdminCP at some point but it's certainly not a high priority.