Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the different usergroup between bot & guess(unregistered)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the different usergroup between bot & guess(unregistered)

I think that will be great if vBulletin 5 separate bot & guess (unregistered) usergroup.
    Because the Facebook like, Twitter tweet, google + & another content sharing system or social bookmarking system won't work when I lock my forum for the guess (unregistered) usergroup.

How can I expand, growth my forum if I'am unable to share it to the social media?

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4733
    Last edited by Zachery; Fri 21st Sep '12, 9:24am.

Don't restrict guests to be able to view your site.

Search engines are just guests, as are all other social media platform bots.

If you want to restrict based on user agent, any savvy user can now access anything you want google to spider by changing their user agent.

Short answer is, its easier to allow guests to see the content you want them to see, then trying to just allow some users to see the content you want them to see.

Also, please see our rules here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...g-a-Suggestion

You can PM me after filing the request with both the jira id, and the thread id and I'll reopen.
    Last edited by Zachery; Fri 21st Sep '12, 9:24am.

Comment

Also showing different content to Googlebot then you do regular guests is a big no-no in the SEO world and can get your site removed from Google completely. It's called "cloaking." They don't want to show people links to pages where they need to sign up to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
        Also showing different content to Googlebot then you do regular guests is a big no-no in the SEO world and can get your site removed from Google completely. It's called "cloaking." They don't want to show people links to pages where they need to sign up to see.

1st, that's the risk I (as the owner of my forum) had to take.
        2nd, the other forum applications have different usergroup between guess & bot/crawler.

most advertiser won't put their ads in your forum if they don't see any active user, or they just see the decrease number of active user in your forum.
        from my experiences, people won't login to the forum if they are able to see the content of the forum. some people are too lazy, they need more time even it just a few second to login to the forum.

I hope you get the point from what I say, I'm sorry because my english is bad. I'm Indonesian

Comment

I don't really see this getting implemented to be honest.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            I don't really see this getting implemented to be honest.
            I believe there's many of vbulletin owner want to have a different usergroup between bot/crawler & unregistered/guess.

Maybe the vBulletin developer team can have a poll to ask about this feature

Honestly I use PHPBB before vBulletin, I can setup the permission of each usergroup neither bot/crawler or real human freely. In PHPBB I even can setup the BBCODE usage for each usergroup & I was satisfied with PHPBB. But the member of my board told me to use vBulletin as my board. Because vBulletin is more secured & the database is more complex, vBulletin is more capable for handling the big board. & that's true I found many big board in Indonesia (such as kaskus.com, indogamers.com, i-comers.co, bintangmawar.net, etc.) use vBulletin as their board engine.

When I buy the vBulletin, I was curios for feature.
            When I use vBulletin, login to admincp, I must admit, I was a little dissapointed for the usergroup option, BBCODE usage for each usergroup, even the ad locations.

I can't understand why vBulletin options is more limited than the other free forum applications? Maybe vBulletin developer need to try other free forum applications, to find out the other features that not avaiable in vBulletin.

that it's. I don't want to get banned in this forum for my rudeness to comparing vBulletin with another forum application.
            Last edited by sukagwe; Sun 23rd Sep '12, 8:45am.

Comment

Working...
            X