After Upgrade to 5.5.2 (HTML Modules are gone)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bonee
    • Jul 2017
    • 3.8.x

After Upgrade to 5.5.2 (HTML Modules are gone)

Topic says it. After Upgrade all HTML Mudules on my site are gone (empty).
  • Bonee
    • Jul 2017
    • 3.8.x

Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	4415395
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bonee
      • Jul 2017
      • 3.8.x

The weird thing is, the "Live-Stream" Modul is also a HTML-Module, all other HMTL-Module are empty though (the modules are there but no code in it).

Any chance to get the information back (I have made a Server-File and DB copy before updating). When I can't get the information back I am screwed with my site ...

Help is welcome ...

Sorry, for tripple post.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Not sure why this would happen. Did you use the browser-based or CLI upgrade? Where there any errors reported as you processed the error?

If you don't have backups of your custom HTML, you would have to restore your backup into a new database and then pull the information out. Once you have the information, just copy it into your live site's HTML modules.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bonee
          • Jul 2017
          • 3.8.x

I used Firefox Browser to update the forum (like a couple of times before). The update proceeded like a charme ...

As I do not have backups for the HTML I need to restore the database. I am not 100% sure what to do exactly, so I may need some more infotmation about the process please.

I know how to restore a database with mySQL-Dumper, but I guess that is not the way you meant it. Should I just restore the copy to the DB after the update (simply overwrite it)?

So I guess, I have to create a new database via my server-hosts homepage and restore the database-copy to that new database (never done that before).

What do I do after I have a new databse with my restored information in it? How to I pull out the HTML information to copy / paste the code into the Modules again?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

If you overwrite your database, you need to restore the 5.5.1 files. It will be like the upgrade never occurred.

If MySQL-Dumper works to restore your database and that is the method you know then you should do that.

If it were my site, I'd restore the database as a copy, probably to my local MySQL server. Basically a duplicate installation. Then I would copy the contents of the HTML Modules so that they can be pasted into the modules on the live site. I'd also save those HTML contents as text files on my local machine or cloud storage so they are backed up in case something happens in the future.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bonee
              • Jul 2017
              • 3.8.x

Well, I am not able to make a new installation in order to copy the HTML to the live site.

I am trying to install the forum to another domain, but I do not get the forum installed ... after pointing to domain.de/forumdirectory/core/install/install.php I fill in the customer number, the databse information and after deleting the "makeconfig.php" file the screen stays empty when pointing the browser to domain.de/forumdirectory/core/install/install.php agian.

Any hint for me? Thanks!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

A new installation isn't going to help you with this issue. It will just be a blank vBulletin install with no customization.

Have your hosting provider restore your database backup to your existing database. Upload the 5.5.1 files to your server.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bonee
                  • Jul 2017
                  • 3.8.x

I'll try to explain.

I do have several domains on one hosting server where all domains have the same ftp-server. On domain 1 the forum-files for 5.5.2 are in the FTP folder "forum 1" and the domain 2 has the forum-files for 5.5.1 in the folder "forum 2". No matter which FTP account I use (for domain 1 or domain 2) I see the same directories - both domains kind of share the FTP files.

So Forum 1 (where 5.5.2 is installed) is live and running (besides the HTML incident). But I am not able to install the Forum 2 (where the files for 5.5.1 are located).

To install the second forum on domain_2 and folder "forum_2" I use "domain_2.de/forum_2/core/install/install.php" which starts the installation process for 5.5.1

I can fill in the customer number, add the database informations and then delete the file "makeconfig.php". After deleting the file from "domain_2/forum _2/core/install/" I refreh the link "domain_2.de/forum_2/core/install/install.php" and nothing happens (blank page). The installation of 5.5.1 won't start / continue ...

EDIT: version numbers, due to typo

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

You're not allowed to install vBulletin on two domains with a single license. I cannot provide support helping you circumvent the licensing agreement. Installing a new copy of vBulletin will do nothing to help this issue.

What you need to do to resolve the issue is:
                    1. Have your hosting provider restore the database backup of your 5.5.1 install into your current database.
                    2. Upload the vBulletin 5.5.1 files to your existing domain.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bonee
                      • Jul 2017
                      • 3.8.x

Okay, I roll back then.

So I upload the 5.5.1 files to my forum folder again (overwrite the 5.5.2 files) and then restore the database backup I have done before updating to 5.5.2, right?

Anything else I have to do to roll back to 5,5,1?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

No. There is no need to do anything else.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bonee
                          • Jul 2017
                          • 3.8.x

Okay, everything is working again on 5.5.1

Thanks for the support!

Comment