• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackhorse
    • Jul 2018
    • 5.3.x

test site domain url open the online site

Hello,

When I copy directories and mysql to a new test site on same domain, I find that links still takes me back to live site

How can i prevent test site's urls from redirecting or going to the online site?

Thanx
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You need to update the URL in the AdminCP to properly point to the test site. If you don't the software doesn't really know what you're trying to do.

Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Blackhorse
      • Jul 2018
      • 5.3.x

Hello wayne,

I do .. i take backup with the new url and after restoring to the test site, i make sure they are right. If url is not right i get system error and test site won'twork.

But it is working you can go to any topic but if i press a link to any topic, it redirect me to the online site first and then i need manually to alter url by replacing name of old site to the test site to open.

Thanx

Comment