Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JChaz
    • Oct 2013
    • 4.2.x

Thanks Mark, very useful. I followed that and the admincp does run from http://ubuntu-dev/SWSF/admincp

However I still can't log in just keeps returning to the log in. The URL looked correct and is set to http://ubuntu-dev/SWSF

I put tools back on as I noticed there was a "Switch forum on" so did that and can see the forum now, but unable to log in - it seems to be totally open so no restrictions being set for users all forums totally open. Its something to do with logging in that is stopping things working - otherwise everything is laid out correctly in v5 except images:

Images which resolve to external URL's such as photobucket are displayed
    Images which have been uploaded to the forum are not, this is an example of the path of an image not being displayed:

Last edited by JChaz; Tue 26 Feb '19, 5:43am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by JChaz
      However I still can't log in just keeps returning to the log in.
      This usually means the user doesn't have permission to access the AdminCP for some reason. Are you using the information for the correct user?

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JChaz
        • Oct 2013
        • 4.2.x

Hi Wayne, yes its my user that has access to admincp, but not only can I not log in, (I can't log into the forum either) but the login box just keeps coming back - if I put incorrect credentials in, I do get the "incorrect username or password" type message, so it seems to recognise the credentials, but not load the admincp.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Don't know what the issue is. We would need access to the database. If you're planning on moving your site to vB Cloud, this is really an unnecessary step.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JChaz
            • Oct 2013
            • 4.2.x

Fair enough, I was just making sure the site is ready for the move to v5 so that the move is as easy as possible. I suspect all the problems I've had are with setting up a test site. I'm fairly confident that the site will have no problems. Might just strip everything out of my test server and have one more go at it.

Comment

• JChaz
              • Oct 2013
              • 4.2.x

Well I stuck with it, bit the bullet and had another go on a test server

Followed the help article from Wayne again as before with a few tweaks at the server side

Cleared out all the files and database from the test server,
              Created a new database user to match the one on the live site.
              Created a new database and restored the copy of live database previously downloaded into the new database.
              Copied the new files remaed and edited as per instructions

Ran the upgrade using the corect URL this time, which ran through in about 10 minutes (benefits of a fast local connection I guess)

Deleted the Install folder and the tried getting into AdminCP - same as before, didn't get past the login.

Followed the instructions erloier in this thread to use tools.php

Used tools.php to activate the site, also used the tools to check cookies and a few other paths that I though might not be right.

Logged into the forum as myself and could see everything was looking good. Couldn't get to AdminCP however, but at least I could get logged into the forum this time.

Then I had to go do some teaching for a few hours, came back and checked it again. This time I'm able to get into AdminCP - don't kow how - or what changed while I was away, but everything is looking good.

So now satisfied that the forum will upgrade to v5 without too many problems.

Question I ask now is do I upgrade the live site or wait its migrated to the cloud?

Thanks for the help & support

John

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

You shouldn't have to upgrade your live site before migration. That can be done as part of the migration service.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment