vBulletin 4.5 to 5.4.4

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JChaz
    replied
    Thanks Wayne, I'll check out the "AllowOverride is not allowed in the Apache configuration file." Monday when I have access to the test server again. Will I have to strip everything back and start again? not a problem to do so if needed. Thinking probably it might be good to do that anyhow so I get the correct experience of the upgrade running.

I'm doing this so that I can at least get to v5 before moving to vBulletin Cloud, although I know the support team would do it on moving over, just trying to cut down on any issues that may occur prior to the move.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by JChaz

Hi, yes those were renamed and edited the config.php file which is in includes folder, as well as renaming the config.php at the root folder, but didn't edit this one, is that correct?

You can see that the forum is off from the database changes before taking a backup, but can't get into AdminCP after the upgrade on the test server site.

To get to the AdminCP I have to type SWSF/Core/admincp

But logging in fails with The requested URL /SWSF/login.php was not found on this server.

If I add core to the path above I get the screen in the screen shot above.
    Rewrites aren't working in your forum. URL Rewrite functionality is Required. You should never have to use /core/ for anything on a properly configured server.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    After installing vBulletin 5, my site is unformatted
    This means that URL Rewriting is not working on your site. Possible causes include:
    • htaccess.txt has not been renamed to .htaccess (the leading period is important)
    • mod_rewrite is not installed for Apache 2.4
    • URL Rewrite is not installed for IIS 8.5+
    • The server configuration for NGINX has not been updated. See the file for your version of PHP within the do_not_upload folder.
    • AllowOverride is not allowed in the Apache configuration file.
    You hosting provider can help you get the ability to rewrite URLS working on your site.
    Your issue is most likely the last bulletpoint.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by JChaz
    Followed all of Waynes steps and got the upgrade to run, but using the path to include .... /core/install/upgrade.php
    If you properly rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess when you configure the files for your server, then install/upgrade.php will automatically redirect to /core/install/upgrade.php.

This is because you really shouldn't have to access anything in the /core/ directory directly from the browser.

Leave a comment:

• JChaz
    replied
    >Did you rename the htaccess.txt files? Did you rename the config.php.bkp file?

Hi, yes those were renamed and edited the config.php file which is in includes folder, as well as renaming the config.php at the root folder, but didn't edit this one, is that correct?

Here is a screen shot:

You can see that the forum is off from the database changes before taking a backup, but can't get into AdminCP after the upgrade on the test server site.

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot.JPG Views:	1 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	4409144

To get to the AdminCP I have to type SWSF/Core/admincp

But logging in fails with The requested URL /SWSF/login.php was not found on this server.

If I add core to the path above I get the screen in the screen shot above.
    Last edited by JChaz; Fri 22 Feb '19, 7:37am.

Leave a comment:

• LockedOnLaw
    replied
    Did you rename the htaccess.txt files? Did you rename the config.php.bkp file?

Leave a comment:

• JChaz
    replied
    Update: Followed another upgrade article found here, seems that the instructions included in the new product are missing quite a few steps if Waynes article is anything to go by.

Followed all of Waynes steps and got the upgrade to run, but using the path to include .... /core/install/upgrade.php

The upgrade appears to have completed successfully and have deleted the install folder. But now I've entered username/password browser routes to:

Which resolves to the error:

The requested URL /SWSF/login.php was not found on this server.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• JChaz
    started a topic vBulletin 4.5 to 5.4.4

vBulletin 4.5 to 5.4.4

I'm trying to set up a test site to try out the upgrade process.

I have a local server with php 7.2 & MySQL v 5.7.25 (stand alone server no internet connection)

I'm using 5.4.4 as the host server (which will be the live update when tested) is php 5.6 and MySQL v 5.6, I run the server test file vbtest.php and all OK

I have changed URLs etc and have a recoverd the database onto the server

Extracted all files from the download and copied all the files from the upload folder to an empty root folder & added 3 folders instructions say to (customgroupicons, customprrofilepics & signaturepics)

Reading through the install/upgrade it says to run
    Example: http://mytestweb/install/upgrade.php

This is odd as there is no install folder at the root - its in the core folder, which once I figured out the install opens a page asking for all database details - I copy those from the old config.php file and hit create files and I get this message:

File Creation Complete.

Delete makeconfig.php file now, then begin installation.

This file is in the core\install folder, tried deleting tis file but the upgrade does not continue and re-loading browser does not continue the upgrade. I see someone else had a similar problem on an earlier version but in their caser the upgrade coninued.
    Last edited by JChaz; Fri 22 Feb '19, 7:27am.