X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onkeljan
    • Aug 2010
    • 5.3.x

vBulletin 5.5.0 upgrade from 4.2.5 - missing forum posts

I have recently upgraded to v.5.5.0 from v.4.2.5.

Mostly it seems to be upgraded correctly, but forum posts are missing. They show up in the forum list. The database is also correct size and seems to have all the posts in it. Deleted/redicrected posts are the only ones left.

Suggestions?
  • onkeljan
    • Aug 2010
    • 5.3.x

After an upgrade from 40 we also suggest you review the forum post counts and last post information. If they don't seem correct we recommend that you go to Admincp > Maintenance > General Update Tools. First rebuild the Topic counts and then the Forum counts. This should not be necessary, but if it is it can be done while the forum is online and takes just a few minutes.

I have done this.

"Rebuild topic" seems to finish, but when press "rebuild forum" it says:

"Updating Forums

If the forum counts are significantly off this will run multiple times. It is not unusual for this to start at zero and scan the forums as many as six or eight times. Please do not interrupt, but allow this to complete.

0 to 99 of 389256"

But it stops after a few Seconds. I tried to set it to "25" and also to "1". It still finishes after 2 coulpe of minutes.
    Last edited by onkeljan; Tue 19 Feb '19, 1:40am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

We would need a support ticket. The link is in the footer of this page. We will also need access to the database backup from before you upgrade.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment