Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LockedOnLaw
    replied
    Originally posted by BulliM
    I've updated now to vB 5.5.0 and I am very dissapointed. You changed font and other sizes to rem, what basically is good. But: You set...
    Code:
    html {font-size:62.5%}
    ... what is stupid. Why? Because all web designers (like me) uses rem since years. Our work based on...
    Code:
    html {font-size:100%}
    All devices works with, because it's no need to recalculate sizes. YOU have to try out YOUR font sizes in rem based on 100%.

We all have to change now hundreds of style variables, because you decided to do this. Not because it is a problem to set..
    Code:
    ...in our css files. Because you now set line-height, margin, padding and other variables to your crazy 62.5% calculated junk. What a mess!

And generally: Now you begin to think about your style variables?

And why users should style Sitebuilder? I just translated dozens of new style variables to my native language, normally not needed.

I cannot understand all this and Iam very angry about the time I have to spend, because you make such decisions.
    The 62.5% is based upon a default setting of 10px. You can change this setting in the Stylevars to 100%. It takes, literally, seconds to make this change.

I won't get into why using a 16px baseline is bad idea. That's your decision.

Leave a comment:

• icemanmx
    replied
    Time to look for other forum, vbulletin really make the software very bad, after each update always something get screwed up, and support stinks. Is very expensive software to be so poorly maintained...

Leave a comment:

• BulliM
    started a topic vBulletin 5.5.0 Upgrade

vBulletin 5.5.0 Upgrade

I've updated now to vB 5.5.0 and I am very dissapointed. You changed font and other sizes to rem, what basically is good. But: You set...
    Code:
    ... what is stupid. Why? Because all web designers (like me) uses rem since years. Our work based on...
    Code:
    html {font-size:100%}
    All devices works with, because it's no need to recalculate sizes. YOU have to try out YOUR font sizes in rem based on 100%.

We all have to change now hundreds of style variables, because you decided to do this. Not because it is a problem to set..
    Code:
    ...in our css files. Because you now set line-height, margin, padding and other variables to your crazy 62.5% calculated junk. What a mess!

And generally: Now you begin to think about your style variables?

And why users should style Sitebuilder? I just translated dozens of new style variables to my native language, normally not needed.

I cannot understand all this and Iam very angry about the time I have to spend, because you make such decisions.