• Show
Clear All

• osras1
    replied
    ok. I just found how to renew my ticket support

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    I put a support ticket in, and my ticket support has expired. How can I renew the ticket support. I have been to the members area, and the only ticket support is if I buy a new license?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You need to open a support ticket. I don't know what state your site is in and an upgrade seems more than your technical limit at this time. We need to see your server before we can advise you one what to do.

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    Ialll ready have done the upgrade.. It just hasnt worked out.. Iguess I could overwrite with my previous version(5.2.1) All the stuff should still be in my database ..right?

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    By file structure do you mean, reinstall the upgrade or troubleshoot why I am having this problem. I do not have a problem using the same database and just change the domain and motify the site from there. However, I can.t get back to my normal site. After upgrading why is my index page (home page) white(blank) how can i fix it? I did not backup the database.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There should be no reason to start from scratch. The first thing to do is get the proper file structure on the server. Once that is done, it should work if we're lucky. If not, then we should troubleshoot further. Deleting your content and starting over won't help much.

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    I guess to make things easier.. I would like to start over using a new domain name and database how do i do this.

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    I went to my host provider..under phpmyadmin there are multiple databases.. I will be changing the domain name and redesigning the site from the start.. Should I delete all files then reupload to a complete new directory on my server side.. will that open a new database when i do that....edit.-.I couldnt figure out which database was the one i was using
    Last edited by osras1; Wed 5 Dec '18, 10:56am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I would back up every file in your server directory. Once that is done, I would delete the entire structure, directories and files. Every file. Then I would reupload all the vBulletin 5 files into a clean directory. You'll need to rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess after upload. Then you will need to restore /core/includes/config.php from your backup so you can connect to the database.

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    should i delete those on the server side? That shouldnt be there ... There should not be a cache, cgi-bin, clientscript, cpstyles, etc

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    yes

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Did you run the upgrade script again?

Though your screenshots still do not show the proper directory structure. This time on the right (server side). There should not be a cache, cgi-bin, clientscript, cpstyles, etc... The left side and the right side of your screen shot should be exact duplicates

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    After uploading I went to the core directory on my server and deleted the install directory.. Still blank (white) http://www.osras.org what am i doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	upgrade5.4.5.png
Views:	265
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	4403823

Leave a comment:

• osras1
    replied
    which install file should I delete after uploading?

Leave a comment: