Error on Installation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You will need to update the URLs in the AdminCP. Login via Localhost and go to AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details. Update the three URL fields at the top to reflect the domain that you wish to use.

Leave a comment:

• cpai
    replied
    I have the forum responding on my domain, but from outside the network I cannot login. The login refers back to localhost. Any idea where that setting would be to point it to a resolvable domain?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    We do for vBulletin. Server configuration isn't something we cover in support. There are too many variables. That is why I pointed you to the PHP documentation on installing PHP Components. You can decide what is needed for your server since we know nothing about it.

Leave a comment:

• cpai
    replied
    I was able to get it working. Had to uncomment some lines in the php.ini file as well as set directories. It would be nice if you had a complete step-by-step install guide.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Are they listed in your phpinfo() output?

Leave a comment:

• cpai
    replied
    According to the links you sent me, these extensions are enabled by default with PHP 5.3.0 and newer. I am on 7.2.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cpai
    replied
    Are there any instructions on this?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You need to make sure that the mysqli and mysqlnd libraries are available in PHP. Otherwise, PHP (and therefore vBulletin) cannot talk to your database. They would be listed in the PHP Info Output if they are installed.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 16 Nov '18, 1:06pm.

Leave a comment:

• cpai
    replied
    I installed mysql 8.0 CE and created the database. Is there something else I need to do?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Do you have the mysqli and mysqlnd libraries available? They aren't available by default on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• cpai
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Can you please upload a phpinfo file and load it in a browser (from the forum folder)? This is to verify that the version of php yu believe is running, is what is actually running

A sample file is attached.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cpai
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This was a bug back in PHP 5.3.X but shouldn't affect newer versions of PHP. What version of PHP are you using? You need to use a minimum of PHP 5.6.3.0 for vBulletin 5.

Leave a comment: