Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cristi_XP
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator ...

Hello,

I have managed to update from vbulletin 3 to vbulletin 5 but I am still having some issues.

I had added the .htaccess file but there seems to be an issue.

When trying to login to admin cp, with http://www.forumtoyota.ro/admincp I receive that error.
    Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
    Also when trying to access directly http://www.forumtoyota.ro it is not loading, only when I try to access it via http://www.forumtoyota.ro/index.php

Can you please assist? .htaccess is the one provided in the package.

I already opened a ticket since yesterday in the morning, but only suggestion was to reupload the script Ticketid: 2286823. The ideea is that I will need to upgrade 3 other forums, but I still haven`t finished this one and don`t know what is the issue.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Make sure that the /admincp directory is completely empty.

When upgrading from vBulletin 3 and 4, you need to put the vBulletin 5 files in their own empty directory. NONE of the previous files should carry over and vBulletin 5 has a completely different file structure.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cristi_XP
      • Dec 2007
      • 3.6.x

It was a clean upgrade with a clean vbulletin folder, I only used the the old vbulletin database for upgrading. Everything is working, except the /admincp/ and /modcp/ panel.
      admincp folder is empty.
      I am upgrading from 3 to 5.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

I replied to your ticket. You need to provide complete credentials so we can look into the issue better.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cristi_XP
          • Dec 2007
          • 3.6.x

Hello, Trevor. Not on that ticket. That I managed to continue the upgrade from ssh, not from browser and all went fine. This is the ticket with the issue and credentials are in the ticket. Please help, as I am waiting to do the update on other 2 forums and if I can't get this fix, I won't start there. Ticketid: 2286823

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Not Trevor but if the Command Line upgrade works better for you, then it is the recommended method. It will be quicker and have fewer issues since there is no web interface involved.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cristi_XP
              • Dec 2007
              • 3.6.x

Sorry about the confusion, I was reading fast on the run! Thank you Luke. From ssh runs better and I managed to run and install 2 forums till now and are working. The issue with the invalid URL, I think was fixed by the support, in the ftp folder the admincp folder was renamed and everything seems to work now. On the another forum I didn`t had that same issue, everything worked fine from the start. I am facing another issue right now, with the 3rd forum, but I will open another thread for it.
              So this issue I think was solved for me, by renaming or deleting the /admincp/ file from the root folder, though no one replied with the solution in my ticket, everything seems to work.

Comment