X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ontariozcar
    • Jun 2018
    • 5.1.x

Help!!!!!

Where do I start... I am a web guy with minimum experience in Forums especially none with VBulletin. I inherited my club forum from someone who had used VBulletin 4.3 or something, highly customized. I was advised to upgrade the site to then NEW 5.1.8 and site worked fine with minor tweaking needed. However users didn't like the new interface, wanted changes and I tried my best to accommodate them. One of the requests was to have the Recent activities to be the default page of the Forum to show as the opened Tab. In trying to do so, I may have messed up the site, because the Forum has practically disappeared. I got lot of advise and one of them was to upgrade to the new version of 5.4 which I tried but failed. I even have had issues of login as the admin as the admin interface was not working.. I managed to get that working, but yet I do not know how to get the Forum to show up and function.

We paid the VBulletin to install the 5.4 and get the site working more than a month ago. Although we were told someone was assigned, and that person contacted us via e-mail, we still do not see the new version installed nor the site working. We sent all the login information, and opened a ticket as well, where I have sent information numerous times (as well as through regular e-mail) but we are yet to hear from him. So it's safe to say VBulletin support staff has been NO HELP!

I also have the database backed up and saved on my local hard drive before all this happened. We have around 1900 users with 26,000 posts for many years and we do not want to lose them by starting a new forum.

So I am reaching out through the Forum to see if anyone has any suggestions. We are a non profit car club and have a Worpress site, but use the VBulletin as the Forum. Anyone has any ideas suggestions we are open to it, as we are desperately trying to get the site going again! I can provide all login details in a private message or e-mail if anyone is willing to fix this for us.

The site url is this : http://www.ontariozcar.com/ozc/ You will note that it goes to the activity page and nothing pops up...

Thanks in advance!
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by ontariozcar
    Where do I start... I am a web guy with minimum experience in Forums especially none with VBulletin. I inherited my club forum from someone who had used VBulletin 4.3 or something, highly customized. I was advised to upgrade the site to then NEW 5.1.8 and site worked fine with minor tweaking needed. However users didn't like the new interface, wanted changes and I tried my best to accommodate them. One of the requests was to have the Recent activities to be the default page of the Forum to show as the opened Tab. In trying to do so, I may have messed up the site, because the Forum has practically disappeared. I got lot of advise and one of them was to upgrade to the new version of 5.4 which I tried but failed. I even have had issues of login as the admin as the admin interface was not working.. I managed to get that working, but yet I do not know how to get the Forum to show up and function.

We paid the VBulletin to install the 5.4 and get the site working more than a month ago. Although we were told someone was assigned, and that person contacted us via e-mail, we still do not see the new version installed nor the site working. We sent all the login information, and opened a ticket as well, where I have sent information numerous times (as well as through regular e-mail) but we are yet to hear from him. So it's safe to say VBulletin support staff has been NO HELP!

I also have the database backed up and saved on my local hard drive before all this happened. We have around 1900 users with 26,000 posts for many years and we do not want to lose them by starting a new forum.

So I am reaching out through the Forum to see if anyone has any suggestions. We are a non profit car club and have a Worpress site, but use the VBulletin as the Forum. Anyone has any ideas suggestions we are open to it, as we are desperately trying to get the site going again! I can provide all login details in a private message or e-mail if anyone is willing to fix this for us.

The site url is this : http://www.ontariozcar.com/ozc/ You will note that it goes to the activity page and nothing pops up...

Thanks in advance!
    Hello

i will have a look at your installation over the weekend for you and get it moving.

MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• ontariozcar
      • Jun 2018
      • 5.1.x

Hi Mark.B,

Thanks for the reply... Hope you got to look at it over the weekend. So far the site is still the same and we keep getting database error messages as people try to reach the site. Would appreciate if you could let us know the progress.

Comment

• Sylv1
        • Jul 2013

Hi Ontariozcar

funny to find you here... I manage french zcar forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...