Questions about PHP & mysql versions, please bare with me.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RUBE
    • Jul 2017
    • 5.3.x

Questions about PHP & mysql versions, please bare with me.

Hello Everybody,

I'm now using vb 5.3.3 & wanting to upgrade to vb 5.4.2, so I decided to upgrade
    to PHP 7.1.18 when I did I received this error message>>>

>>>Error :Call to undefined function mysqli_init() on line 85 in /home/dj5ash/public_html/core/vb/database/mysqli.php
    Step 0: showErrorPage() called on line 274 in /home/dj5ash/public_html/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php
    Step 1: handleException() called
    Exception Call to undefined function mysqli_init() on line 85 in /home/dj5ash/public_html/core/vb/database/mysqli.php<<<

I'm currently running MySQL 5.5.59 could this be related to the above problem?

I know I need to upgrade MySQL to what? Maybe MySQL 5.7 anything higher
    is MariaDB 10.0 and I don't know anything about the MariaDB upgrades.

Is PHP 7.1.18 & MySQL 5.7 acceptable for vB 5.4.2?

I know you guys don't mess with server configurations I'm hoping someone can confirm that I'm headed in the right direction.
    Thank You for Your Time!
    RUBE
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You need to enable MySQLi in your php.ini file. This isn't always included by default.

If the mysqli library file exists in your php extension (usually ./php/ext) directory, it may be as simple as opening your php.ini file and finding the line that says mysqli extension line and removing the ; at the beginning of the line.

Code:
    extension=mysqli
    It may have a .dll or .so extension depending on your operating system. It may have no extension. After making changes to the php.ini file, you should restart your web server (Apache or IIS).
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• RUBE
      • Jul 2017
      • 5.3.x

Hello Wayne Luke,

Thanks a million for this reply, this really really helped me out a lot and I really appreciate all your efforts on this!
      Thank You for Your Time!
      RUBE

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...