No permissions on node id 1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

On your test site make sure your /core/install/ folder is still in place, upload tools.php to the /core/install/ folder, browse to your test site /core/install/tools.php file and reset cookie domain, cookie path, verify the forum path is correct (for your test site), clear the options cache, and then rename the /install/ folder to something like /install-test/ (or anything other than /install/) and try to login to your main forum again, and then once you have logged into the forum, login to the Admin CP.

tools.php of course comes from the do_not_upload folder in the original install .zip package.

Comment

• Maxben
      • Mar 2017
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
      On your test site make sure your /core/install/ folder is still in place, upload tools.php to the /core/install/ folder, browse to your test site /core/install/tools.php file and reset cookie domain, cookie path, verify the forum path is correct (for your test site), clear the options cache, and then rename the /install/ folder to something like /install-test/ (or anything other than /install/) and try to login to your main forum again, and then once you have logged into the forum, login to the Admin CP.

tools.php of course comes from the do_not_upload folder in the original install .zip package.
      i followed all instruction but problem still same

if i browse to my test site its not work
      Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	4390434

and admin panel still no permission node id 1

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The problem in your image is due to the fact that you did not rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess (yes, the leading period is required) as specified in the installation instructions. This is a required step and vBulletin will not work without it.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maxben
          • Mar 2017
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          The problem in your image is due to the fact that you did not rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess (yes, the leading period is required) as specified in the installation instructions. This is a required step and vBulletin will not work without it.
          hello as i mentioned in my previous post which is post #3 all necessary files are edited before i attempt to upgrade..

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

If you're absolutely sure htaccess,txt has been changed to .htaccess than you need to make sure your web server (assuming it's Apache) is setup to allow override to all in terms of URL Rewriting / .htaccess files.

Comment