• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maxben
    • Mar 2017
    • 4.2.x

No permissions on node id 1

hi,

i successfully upgrade my site from vb4 to latest vb5.4.1 but i cannot access my admin panel
    it shows this error No permissions on node id 1

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb5.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	4389955
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I recommend restoring the backup of the vBulletin 4 database and running the upgrade again. It seems to have skipped a step along the way.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maxben
      • Mar 2017
      • 4.2.x

hello,

actually this is a test installation because i want to be familiar with vb5 software before getting it live

so my steps are here

1. backup vb4 database using ssh shell

2. i create new database

3. i create new directory called vbtest5

4. i restored old vb4 database to a newly created database

5. i uploaded all vb5 files to new created directory

6. i edited necessary files i.e. config php , htaccess etc,

All Went fine and Upgrade Complete..

But theres something i've notice during upgrade

sometimes its gettings stuck on 11% so i need to close browser and repeat the operations.and its done

when i repeat the upgrade procedure again because of that error its getting stuck on 22% so i need to close browser again to continue the upgrade process

and eventually all good upgrade complete but im not able to access admin panel

maybe i guess theres something i mess up..

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Do you have SSH access? If so, I recommend upgrading from the command line. In your /core/install directory type 'php upgrade.php' and let it run. It shouldn't suffer the timeouts that the Web Upgrader does.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maxben
          • Mar 2017
          • 4.2.x

i try to upgrade now via command but nothing change still same issue
          during upgrade stuck on step 142 i think at first stage 5.0 alpha 1 i wait about 30 minutes then i need to close putty then restart the process and in just a minute upgrade complete

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

How many posts on the forum?

Step 142 can take a long time on large sites. It may not be stuck, it may simply be processing.

Upgrading is not an instant process. On large sites, some steps can take many hours.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Maxben
              • Mar 2017
              • 4.2.x

my site is not that large.

anyway i try again now all process is good no stuck this time

but unfortunately its always the same error,,

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Have you tried to log into your forum on the forum / front-end before logging into the Admin CP?

I see on your live site you have it completely locked down which can cause this issue in VB5. If you log into the forum first you should be able to login to the Admin CP.

If that still doesn't work, login to the forum, enable Site Builder, go to Edit a page (or anything) that bring up the login screen again, login a 2nd time (as a moderator/Admin would be asked to do in VB4) and you should be able to access AdminCP now, but if that is still required please let us know.

Comment

• Maxben
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 4.2.x

hello,

i try to access my test site for example www.mysite,com/vbtest5 but its ridirects me to my vb4 live forum

i'm not able to access my testsite i guess there something i mess up..

Comment

• bootsie1
                    • Jun 2017
                    • 5.3.x

You will need to change the url using the tools.php in the do not upload folder this goes in the core/admincp directory also the installfolder to core/
                    then run the script mysite.com/core/admincp/tools.php and down near the bottom of this page there will be option to change the website url change this from the live site to the test site url once done delete the tools.php and the install directory
                    Cometbar

DartsLeague

Comment

• Maxben
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by bootsie1
                      You will need to change the url using the tools.php in the do not upload folder this goes in the core/admincp directory also the installfolder to core/
                      then run the script mysite.com/core/admincp/tools.php and down near the bottom of this page there will be option to change the website url change this from the live site to the test site url once done delete the tools.php and the install directory
                      thanks but url is correct no need to change it..but still im not able to access my test site

and the same time my admin panel

anymore help much appreciated
                      Last edited by Maxben; Thu 26 Apr '18, 1:27am.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

Is it possible your live site has a custom cookie path or cookie domain set? If so those need to be reset to default as well, which can also be done via tools.php.

Also make sure the cookie prefix in the two config.php files (root and /core/includes) are identical and different from the live site.

Do not confuse the cookie prefix (default is bb) with the table prefix (default is none/blank).

Comment

• Maxben
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                          Is it possible your live site has a custom cookie path or cookie domain set? If so those need to be reset to default as well, which can also be done via tools.php.

Also make sure the cookie prefix in the two config.php files (root and /core/includes) are identical and different from the live site.

Do not confuse the cookie prefix (default is bb) with the table prefix (default is none/blank).
                          yes cookie prefix are different live site is "vb while vb5test i bb"

anyway my main problem is i cannot access my admin panel with test site "no permission with nod id 1"

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Maxben

anyway my main problem is i cannot access my admin panel with test site "no permission with nod id 1"
                            Did you try my previous suggestions?

1) Log into main (test) forum first, does that work? If so what happens when you try to login to AdminCP?

2) On your live forum go to Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options. What are the settings for Path to Save Cookies and Cookie Domain? If they are anything but / and (blank) they will need to be edited on the test site using tools.php.

Comment

• Maxben
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 4.2.x

Did you try my previous suggestions?

1) Log into main (test) forum first, does that work? If so what happens when you try to login to AdminCP?
                              hello its not work log in and registration give me error 404 not found

2) On your live forum go to Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options. What are the settings for Path to Save Cookies and Cookie Domain? If they are anything but / and (blank) they will need to be edited on the test site using tools.php.
                              yes path to save cookies and cookie domain is / and blank
                              but what do you mean they need to edit using tools php?

I access my tools php now and there is no option to edit .,all i can see is in cookies is reset cookie domain and reset cookie path

Comment