Why is my sign up form hidden after I upgrade from 4.1 to 5.3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ry1234
    • Feb 2018
    • 5.3.x

Why is my sign up form hidden after I upgrade from 4.1 to 5.3?

I upgraded my vBulletin from 4.1 to 5.3 by running upgrade.php from the command line.

Everything appears to be working properly, but when I go to the sign up page the sign up form is hidden.

If I view source I can see that the sign up form and fields are present in the HTML, but it looks like it's hidden with an "h-hide" CSS class.

I don't have admincp access at the moment(that's why I'm trying to sign up). So if it's an admincp setting can you tell me the varname in the setting database table?
  • delicjous
    • Mar 2014
    • 6.X

Isn't a signup at yourdomain.com/admincp/ ?

Comment

• ry1234
      • Feb 2018
      • 5.3.x

Do you mean there's a setting in the admincp to show/hide the sign up form? If so, what is the varname in the "setting" database table? I can't get into my admincp, so I need to do it manual database style.

Comment

• delicjous
        • Mar 2014
        • 6.X

I just look to your other posts. Did you do the update to the options table like Glenn suggest?
        Did you change the urls to https?
        What is show up if you try to access your admincp?

It's hard to help if I don't know what you have done.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Also, please DO NOT edit the database directly unless instructed by us. You will break your site, and we may not be able to recover it.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• ry1234
            • Feb 2018
            • 5.3.x

I didn't delete from the datastore table as Glenn suggested. Instead I used tools.php to run the "Options Cache" option which does this: "Update the options cache from the setting table". Do I still need to do the delete?

All I did was manually set "frontendurl", "frontendurl_login" and "bburl". And then I ran the tools.php "Options Cache". That's all I've done.

My client doesn't have an SSL cert for the site, so we currently are not using https. Besides security issues, will no https cause any issues? Will no https break the image verification?

I can see the admincp login page fine. The issue is that no one knows an admin password. I want to sign up a new user but I can't because the sign up form is hidden and the image verification on the sign up form is broken. I also wanted to try to reset a user's password via forgot password but that is broken as well. I want to try to manually set a user's password in the database but I don't know the password hashing algorithm for 5.3.4 patch level 1.

If I can't sign up, use forgot password or manually set a password using the hash algo - then I think my only option is to go back to my live 4.1 site, manually change the email address of an admin user to my email address, then use forgot password to change that admin user's password and then redo the whole upgrade. But I would like to avoid redoing the whole upgrade.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ry1234
              I upgraded my vBulletin from 4.1 to 5.3 by running upgrade.php from the command line.

Everything appears to be working properly, but when I go to the sign up page the sign up form is hidden.

If I view source I can see that the sign up form and fields are present in the HTML, but it looks like it's hidden with an "h-hide" CSS class.

I don't have admincp access at the moment(that's why I'm trying to sign up). So if it's an admincp setting can you tell me the varname in the setting database table?
              Are you blocking Javascript on your site? The Log in Form should be hidden until someone clicks on the "Login / Signup" link in the upper right corner. The CSS and Javascript on the page handle this. If you have Javascript errors because you're blocking Javascript on your own site, then you will not be able to use the software properly.

What happens if you go to /register on the site? Or /auth/login-form?
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ry1234
                • Feb 2018
                • 5.3.x

I am not blocking JS.

I am not having an issue with the log in form - it's the sign up form.

Yes, the issue I am having is on /register. The sign up form is not showing because the form has the h-hide CSS class applied to it. For instance this is in view source:

<div class="signup-content h-hide">

That's the main sign up form container.

The other issue I am having with the sign up form is that the image verification does work.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Yes... The h-hide CSS is there for specific reasons and is part of the default installation. It is not causing your problem unless the Javascript is not working properly on your site.

If you go to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/register you will see the exact same CSS class in place.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ry1234
                    • Feb 2018
                    • 5.3.x

There are two JavaScript errors on the sign up page:

- Uncaught TypeError: F.reverse is not a function: this is on footer-rollup-534.js line 277

- Uncaught TypeError: vBulletin.pageHasSelectors is not a function: this on on signup.js?v=534 line 11

I guess it's the second one that's causing the sign up form to now show. Know why?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Any Javascript error on a page can stop all Javascript from functioning properly. I suggest uploading the files again. If possible, you should ZIP the contents of the Upload folder and unzip it after uploading the file to the server. This will prevent any file timeouts on smaller files and using some hosting providers.

If your server has cPanel, you can unzip the file using cPanel's File Manager. Just right-click on the file in the File Manager and choose Extract.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ry1234
                        • Feb 2018
                        • 5.3.x

I uploaded and unzipped on the server initially. I think I may redo the whole upgrade...

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

If you can let us know the URL to your test installation we can take a look at what is going on.
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------
                          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment