X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • backpages
    • May 2016
    • 5.2.x

Database Over Limit

We are using vBulletin 5.2.4. Unfortunately, we are in a Catch 22 situation regarding out database. Our host only allows databases of 1gb or under. Our database got too big and now it won't work, it says there is a "database error." We can't get into the admin to remove old posts and lower the size of the database because it won't connect with vBulletin until it is smaller. I can access it via phpMyAdmin however. Is there a way for me to reduce the size of the database via phpMyAdmin by deleting a bunch of very old postings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • bootsie1
    • Jun 2017
    • 5.3.x

You can try to optomize the database
    first goto phpmyadmin select the database then click on structure scroll to the bottom click select all then on the right pick optomize this may free up enough to let yo get onto your site and remove enough posts or articles to suit your needs
    I have used this method a few times
    Last edited by bootsie1; Thu 31 Aug '17, 1:12pm. Reason: typo
    Cometbar

DartsLeague

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
      • Nov 2014
      • 5.1.x

If you haven't moved your attachments to file system rather than database I would recommend doing so. Also, I've been running into an issue lately where the search log is growing to 60mb in size. You may want to truncate the search log if this is the case with your database.

Enjoy,
      William

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

All the above suggestions are good. But eventually, your database will inevitably grow to more than 1GB over time. Maybe not sooner but later.

Are you on a Shared Plan? How many posts does your forum have?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment