X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnPBee
    • Oct 2015
    • 5.3.x

Question on on best installation procedure

Hello fellow vBulletin users, I'd like to use vBulletin 5 Connect as a main content management engine on a website.
    And so I wanted to know if there was an optimal installation process to accomplish this in terms of folder location and /or naming etc.
    ie, does it matter if install the upload contents to a /forums/ dir in such cases, OR would I be better off placing the content at the root of the website?

My hope is that I can use the vBulletin articles as my website front page(for news etc) along with the forum service for comment and discussions as a result of those article or stories. No clue if vBulletin 5 will support this, but this has been my intent all along with this particular package - as a vBadvanced substitution type thing
  • JohnPBee
    • Oct 2015
    • 5.3.x

Also, how can I change or correct an error in my initial post title?
    Last edited by JohnPBee; Thu 6 Jul '17, 6:32pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

If you want vBulletin to be the articles of your main site, then you should install it in the public_html directory. You can customize the pages and the home page in Site Builder after installation.

If within your edit time, just click the Edit link for the starting post and if you have permission you can change the title of the topic.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JohnPBee
        • Oct 2015
        • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        If you want vBulletin to be the articles of your main site, then you should install it in the public_html directory. You can customize the pages and the home page in Site Builder after installation..
        Hello again Wayne Luke, and thanks so much for replying.
        With that said, would it be possible to replicate the Articles page so that there would be one page(formatted for the frontpage of the site) and then a second or original default Articles page for editing?

In addition to this, is there a way to display the top story above the Articles page so that it is being highlighted. ie, a frontpage news story type thing, whereas the remainder of the newsbit or articles would be in snipet form and in columns?

Comment