Blank Screen after upgrade from 4.2.4 to 5.2.6.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knightmane
    • Mar 2007
    • 4.2.X

Blank Screen after upgrade from 4.2.4 to 5.2.6.

Decided to upgrade my VB4 forum to VB5, uploaded files to www.fanfichero.com/forums/ upgrade script worked beautifully and then after deleting Install folder in the Core directory...

Clicked on login to AdminCP and the screen simply went white; no error message, nothing.

I am not sure what I did wrong. .htaccess file is in place and config.php files were properly edited as far as I know.

The only way I can view the admincp login page is to manually make the browser open to '/forums/core/admincp' but after typing in my username and password, it redirects me back to a non-existent location as if the install was suppose to have sorted the files which it didn't.

Any advice on this issue?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Please see this entry in our Blogs on how to enable Debug Mode within vB5:

Debug mode is useful for development purposes- it is required if you will be creating VB5 Modifications you intend to distribute for others to download. However it is also useful for trouble-shooting issues with your site as debug mode often provides more specific error messages when something goes wrong- as such if you are

Please let us know if there is an additional information show after doing this.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Knightmane
      • Mar 2007
      • 4.2.X

The only thing added to the admincp login page was the following:

SQL Queries (17) | $RCSfile$ - $Revision: 92244 $ | Explain
      Memory Usage: 6,337 KiB

The Explain link simply goes to a white page, same as the rest of the site.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Make sure you have no old vBulletin 4 files on the server.

Make sure you have renamed htaccess.xt to .htaccess (note the fot at the start of the name).
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Knightmane
          • Mar 2007
          • 4.2.X

All .htaccess files have the dot at the beginning and all old VB4 files in both the live forum as well as the test forum are no longer on the server. Still getting the white screen of nothing. There were no apparent changes at all. I am not understanding this turn of events. I must have edited one of the config files incorrectly but I double-checked each entry compared to the server data that was provided to me. I am considering vbCloud at this point.
          Last edited by Knightmane; Fri 12 May '17, 1:51pm. Reason: extra statement.

Comment

• Knightmane
            • Mar 2007
            • 4.2.X

This is an update:

Decided to try a reinstall with fresh files from the 5.3.0 release and now the board is completely back. I am currently running maintenance to clean up final rebuilds and so forth. I am not sure why the 5.2.6 installation did a whiteout on me. Thanks for the advice given. Best lesson learned: Let the installation edit and create the config files. Otherwise, you will end up with this problem.

Cheers.

Comment