Best hosting service to install vBulletin 5.3.0?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imgnrm
    • Mar 2017
    • 5.3.x

Best hosting service to install vBulletin 5.3.0?

I'm using Deluxe Linux hosting plan on godday.com but I don't think godaddy meet vBulletin 5.3.0 system requirements.

While I was installing vB, it kept frozen, first at 73%. And step 14 or 15... never completed.
    And I read somebody's topic and the user recommend changing the install.php to update.php when stuck but it kept stopping and even asked me to enter general settings several times but ended up stopping again.

Is there anyone who successfully installed vBulletin 5.3.0 with godaddy hosting service?
    If so, could you please explain how you did it for me? I am not tech savvy, so please explain step by step. : )

If godaddy doesn't support the latest version of vB, would you please let me know which hosting company and plan is the best to meet vB 5.3.0 system requirements so I can install it smooth with no issues?

I've spent so much time to figure this out but I couldn't find any posts on this for beginners who is not familiar with programming. T-T

Thank you very much for your time to read this and help in advance.

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

To host vBulletin on GoDaddy, you need their Linux Deluxe hosting. The only thing that is different about installing on their servers is that the installer will timeout on the final install steps around step 14 out of 20. At that point, you need to wait fifteen minutes, then switch the URL from install.php to upgrade.php and hit enter. The system will pick up where it left off.

Any hosting provider that supports PHP 7+ and MySQL 5.6+ is ideal for an installation of vBulletin. If you're not technical, then you might consider vBulletin Cloud. It includes SSL and we maintain the servers and any upgrades. You don't have to deal with FTP or installation.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• imgnrm
      • Mar 2017
      • 5.3.x

Hello Wayne,
      Thank you very much! : ) It worked!
      Last edited by imgnrm; Wed 3 May '17, 7:29pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...