X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daddybird292
    • Feb 2011
    • 4.1.x

Having a terrible time trying to install VB5

I'm having a heck of a time installing VB5...

Started off with 5.2.6 and.I get blank/white screens after installing and going to admincp..... the homepage is broken with no images and no logon (404 error in the logon box).
    Checked that apache rewrite mod switch thing, and renamed the htaccess file from txt..... it should be alright, I didn't get any errors on install.
    Must be a bad download.... do it all over again..... nope....same thing. BAH!!!

Ok 5.3.0 will kill the problem..... get thru that (no errors)..... and the admincp directory is empty with zero files in it,,,,

Ok, maybe I need to put PHP 7.1
    Nope, it won't even run the install script with that on. So I put it back to PHP 7.0 and the script runs, but same problem.

Apache 2.4, SQLi enabled and ea-PHP7.0... full database rights to the db account.... 128 ram for PHP, both config.txt's renamed, re write engine on, tried both SQLi and SQL just for good measure. My host says the rewrite in Apache is enabled by default on everything they sell.

Shouldn't be this difficult.... it's a brand new VPS account I got just for this install.

I've spend all day try to wrestle this into submission (and reading forum install posts)...... anyone run into this, and what did you do?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

You need to rename this file:

htaccess.txt

To this:

.htaccess

Note the dot at the start.
    Last edited by Mark.B; Sun 26 Mar '17, 1:14am.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• daddybird292
      • Feb 2011
      • 4.1.x

Oh man...... I missed that...... it was hidden by cpanel and I didn't even know....
      Thanks for the heads up, I'll redo everything I've already done since something is dinked up and changing it didn't fix it.
      Wipe and start over (LOL)

Comment

• daddybird292
        • Feb 2011
        • 4.1.x

You did it!!!!
        Thank you Mark...... well, at least I got up close and familiar with VB5's guts..... learning is a good thing LOL!!!!

Now to find that thread about making the landing page look like the VB4 CMS.....

Comment