PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatetruecolor()

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baobabit
    • Feb 2016
    • 5.1.x

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatetruecolor()

My forum was running OK first thing this morning but shortly after I logged in to the Control Panel the forum died (without me changing any settings). The error message in the log files are as follows:
    [Wed Nov 16 08:47:07 2016] [error] [client 62.24.181.135] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatetruecolor() in /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/forum_pearldentalclinic_co_uk/core/vb/image/gd.php on line 498, referer: http://forum.pearldentalclinic.co.uk/core/image.php

[Wed Nov 16 08:47:10 2016] [error] [client 111.118.241.77] PHP Notice: Undefined index: birthday_search in /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/forum_pearldentalclinic_co_uk/core/vb/api/user.php on line 210

[Wed Nov 16 08:47:10 2016] [error] [client 111.118.241.77] PHP Notice: Undefined index: joindate in /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/forum_pearldentalclinic_co_uk/core/vb/api/user.php on line 231

[Wed Nov 16 08:47:10 2016] [error] [client 111.118.241.77] PHP Notice: Undefined index: posts in /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/forum_pearldentalclinic_co_uk/core/vb/api/user.php on line 232

There are several more of the same "undefined index" errors that I haven't bothered to list.

Can you suggest a cause & solution?

Thanks, Adam
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Are you running 5.2.4 or did you upgrade to 5.2.5?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• baobabit
      • Feb 2016
      • 5.1.x

I am running 5.2.4.

I have resolved one of the problems - that related to "PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatetruecolor()". I got the hosting company to initialise the "GD" services on the server.

However, the other problems still recur, crashing the forum. It looks like whenever I log in to the Control Panel it triggers the errors like this "PHP Notice: Undefined index: ".

Update: I have discovered that it only crashes the forum on my browser. Could this be related to cookies? If I use Chrome to access the Control Panel it causes the forum to fail when I try using Chrome to view it, but it's still OK if I view it using Firefox.
      Last edited by baobabit; Wed 16 Nov '16, 8:21am.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

So when you access the forum, what do you actually see when you're getting that error?
        Vote for:

Comment

• baobabit
          • Feb 2016
          • 5.1.x

The error message is as follows:

A System Error has occured.

The software is experiencing a systems error.

You should attempt to repeat your last action. If this error occurs again, please contact the
          site administrator.

I can replicate the issue as follows:
          1. Open a browser and successful view the forum
          2. Open another tab on the browser (or a new window) and access the Forum's control panel
          3. Go back to the first window/tab and hit refresh - the forum crashes and displays that error message
          4. If I close the window for the Control Panel the forum still doesn't work - but will recover in a few hours
          5. If the Control Panel and the Forum are opened with different browsers (e.g. Firefox & Chrome) the problem doesn't occur

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Strange that different browsers seems to get round this...

Are the cookie prefix values the same in both config files?
            Vote for:

Comment

• baobabit
              • Feb 2016
              • 5.1.x

I can see the Cookie Prefix set to "BB" in config.php (in the root folder) which I am guessing is for the general forum pages.

Where will I find the other config file (presumably for the Control Panel pages)?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

The other file is core/includes/config.php
                Vote for:

Comment

• baobabit
                  • Feb 2016
                  • 5.1.x

OK, they have the same prefix - so I'm guessing I need to change one of them. Is that correct? Is it a simple case of changing the CP cookie prefix to something like "bbcp"?

Whilst on the subject, I noticed differences between the two settings so can you also confirm this is OK.

Here is the generic cookie setting:
                  $config['cookie_prefix'] = 'bb';

and this is the Control Panel:
                  $config['Misc']['cookieprefix'] = 'bb';

The first has an underscore in the middle whereas the second does not and also makes reference to ['Misc'] (whatever that's for!)

Thanks, Adam

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Both cookie prefix values need to be the same. The variables are done like that, one with an underscore and one without, there are reasons for that I believe, but the actual values need to be the same.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• baobabit
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 5.1.x

Ah, OK. Seeing as they're the same that's clearly not the problem. Any other suggestions?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...