X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • myke2008
    • Jan 2008
    • 5.2.x

vb5 Blog options

I am attempting to upgrade my vb4 site to vb5 on a local server. I managed to get the DB imported and ran the upgrade script, all the forum posts are still there but my Bloggers blogs all got deleted.

Question: Should I try again or is this what happens?

If there was a way to "login as user" then I could just recreate the blogs from the past year from each account, this would be an acceptable solution since it's only a couple dozen.

Question: If there a way to "login as user" with vb5 since the mod I had installed on vb4 that allowed it I can't find for vb5?

When I checked before I ran the upgrade all the blogs were in myphpadmin, looks like all the tables are deleted when I check after.

Question: Is there a way to add the blogs back, maybe via myphpadmin?

Any possible tip's to get this resolved or work around's anyone can think of would be appreciated.
    www.syfydesigns.com
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Originally posted by myke2008
    I am attempting to upgrade my vb4 site to vb5 on a local server. I managed to get the DB imported and ran the upgrade script, all the forum posts are still there but my Bloggers blogs all got deleted.

Question: Should I try again or is this what happens?
    Blog posts should still be there - can you try deleting the local copy of the database then re-importing it. Then copy your vB4 files over to your local server (update the config.php file if necessary) and make sure the Blogs are working correctly first there.

If there was a way to "login as user" then I could just recreate the blogs from the past year from each account, this would be an acceptable solution since it's only a couple dozen.

Question: If there a way to "login as user" with vb5 since the mod I had installed on vb4 that allowed it I can't find for vb5?
    I've not seen one so you'd need to rely on the author issuing a new version or someone else taking it on...

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• myke2008
      • Jan 2008
      • 5.2.x

Thank you Trevor for the response. I am also having an error with the DB import with regard to the blogs and had to use the force -f to get the import to complete. This is probably what the issue is. I thought it "forced" the data to be imported, but I'm guessing now that it forced the import to bypass the blogs.

ERROR 1170 (42000) at line 1757: BLOB/TEXT column 'pagetext' used in key specifi
      cation without a key length

I have sent a support ticket but unfortunately I have not yet received any response. So I'm trying different things to find a work around. Would you have any idea how I can correct that error on the DB import so the blogs are added?

Apparently the force was not strong in this case.
      Last edited by myke2008; Wed 2 Nov '16, 6:01am.
      www.syfydesigns.com

Comment

• myke2008
        • Jan 2008
        • 5.2.x

OK, thanks for leading me in the right direction whether or not that was your intention.

I was able to correct the export/import issue I was having, I think running the General maintenance blog options in my vb4 cp before the export corrected this. I now have my blogs, Yippie!

Now I am looking for how to change the default filter for the age of the blogs displayed on the main page from past month to something longer.

www.syfydesigns.com

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

OK, thanks for leading me in the right direction whether or not that was your intention.

I was able to correct the export/import issue I was having, I think running the General maintenance blog options in my vb4 cp before the export corrected this. I now have my blogs, Yippie!

Now I am looking for how to change the default filter for the age of the blogs displayed on the main page from past month to something longer.
          On the blog page or on the main forum page?

On the main forum page you would edit the page in Site Builder (Edit Site > Edit Page), then edit the search module that shows the blog posts. You can specify how far back the module goes.

If it's the blog page, same process: Edit Site > Edit Page, edit the 'Blog Home' mdule, and alter the setting 'Blog Posts Date Range'.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• myke2008
            • Jan 2008
            • 5.2.x

Thank you, that worked.

Looking for the next solution now....

Blog post icon's images are broken.

Attached a couple of images to help explain the issue. Basically the blog post icons don't work, but on the forum they do. Is there a place to adjust this URL for the blog post icon's?

www.syfydesigns.com

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

If you edit one of them in the admincp, what URL is displayed?
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• myke2008
                • Jan 2008
                • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                If you edit one of them in the admincp, what URL is displayed?
                Code:
                http://www.syfydesigns.com/images/icons/icon1.png
                Working in forum with this path I see in admin cpannel

Code:
                http://127.0.0.1/syfy/core/http://www.syfydesigns.com/images/icons/icon2.png
                Not working: this is the path I see when I check the page source for the blog post icons.
                Last edited by myke2008; Wed 2 Nov '16, 2:12pm.
                www.syfydesigns.com

Comment

• myke2008
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 5.2.x

Ah, OK thanks again for leading me to the answer. Got this sorted out so they work in both places.

Code:
                  images/icons/icon1.png
                  This path makes it work correctly in both places.
                  www.syfydesigns.com

Comment

• myke2008
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 5.2.x

Looks like I'm headed back to fix some things again on the vb4 board before another export, because these little issues are too frequent to fix one at a time. I think correcting the post icon path before I export the DB will save some time correcting all the broken ones in vb5.

I see a ton of these
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]493[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]494[/ATTACH]
                    also In place of where there should be an image.
                    Is there something I can do to correct those before I export?

Last thing I see this ItÔÇÖs everywhere, when it should be it's.

Is there a way to correct this before or after?
                    www.syfydesigns.com

Comment