Error when Upgrading vBulletin 3.84 to vBulletin 5

I'm trying to do an upgrade from 3.84 to 5. My specs:

vBulletin 3.84
    Windows 2008 R2 Standard, 64bit
    PHP 7.0
    MySQL 5.7
    I installed URL Redirect in our IIS 7

For the upgrade:
    1. Deleted (actually copied to another location) all files in the 'forums' folder
    2. Copied all files from the 5.2.3 Upload folder (except for core/install/install.php)
    3. Renamed forums/config.php.new to forums/config.php (changed nothing in the file)
    4. Renamed core/includes/config.php.new to core/includes/config.php
    5. Changed the following variables in the core/includes/config.php file
    $config['Database']['dbname'] = 'our forum db name';
    $config['MasterServer']['servername'] = 'our db server name'; (left port number set to 3306, as this is the port we use)
    $config['MasterServer']['username'] = 'our db username';
    $config['MasterServer']['password'] = 'our db user passwd';

Left everything else as is.

Went to http://ourwebsiteaddress/forums/core...ll/upgrade.php And got:

Notice: Use of undefined constant MYSQLI_NUM - assumed 'MYSQLI_NUM' in ...\vb\db\mysql\assertor.php on line 55 Notice: Use of undefined constant MYSQLI_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQLI_ASSOC' in ...\vb\db\mysql\assertor.php on line 55 Notice: Use of undefined constant MYSQLI_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQLI_BOTH' in ...\vb\db\mysql\assertor.php on line 55 Notice: Use of undefined constant MYSQLI_NUM - assumed 'MYSQLI_NUM' in ...\vb\db\mysql\assertor.php on line 55 Notice: Use of undefined constant MYSQLI_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQLI_ASSOC' in ...\vb\db\mysql\assertor.php on line 55 Notice: Use of undefined constant MYSQLI_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQLI_BOTH' in ...\vb\db\mysql\assertor.php on line 55 Call to undefined function mysqli_init()

There seems to be a problem accessing the PHP MySQLi constants, but PHP 7.0 is installed and the directory is in the server's Environmentlal Var PATH.

I have no idea what to do next. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Julie Green
    Veterinary Terminology Services Lab
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Check that your host has MySQLi support compiled in php.

Chances are they haven't, on 3.8.4 you;d have been using MySQL rather than MySQLi.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• jmgreen
      • Sep 2004

Technically speaking, I guess I'm my own host. I did check the php that I installed on the server and it has the MySQLi dll (PHP/ext/php_mysqli.dll) file included, so I assumed that the PHP included MySQLi (in fact, I thought 7.0 came with MySQLi included without me having to do anything).

Comment

• jmgreen
        • Sep 2004

From PHP site regarding the MySQLi extension:

"On Windows, for PHP versions 5.3 and newer, the mysqli extension is enabled and uses the MySQL Native Driver by default. This means you don't need to worry about configuring access to libmysql.dll."

I installed PHP 7.0 for Windows.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Have you installed the php from scratch yourself?
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• jmgreen
            • Sep 2004

Yes, assuming that by "installed" you mean....

1. Went to PHP.net and downloaded the windows zip file (VC14 x64 Non Thread Safe (2016-Aug-18 20:13:43)) to my server. (I did NOT download source code, as I have no idea how to compile myself)
            2. Unzipped files into PHP folder on the server (PHP folder that is included in my PATH variable).
            3. Ensured that the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable was installed on my server.

If there's more to the install than that (I'm clearly a novice at this), then maybe I have more to do?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Check phpinfo if mysqli is there and enabled. I think you also need mysqlnd.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• jmgreen
                • Sep 2004

I don't see any reference to mysqli (other than in the credits). I do have mysqlnd. Here's a link to my PHPInfo() http://viw1.vetmed.vt.edu/forums/julie.php

I did realize that I didn't restart IIS after installing PHP 7.0. So I did that. Now I get a 500 error when I try to access the upgrade script. Ugh.

Comment

• jmgreen
                  • Sep 2004

Got it!! So despite the fact that all the PHP 7.0 documentation said that mysqli was enabled by default.....it was not! I found documentation for "older" versions of php that told me where to look for the line in the php.ini file that enables mysqli...

;extension=php_mysqli.dll

I removed the ";" to uncomment the line. Restarted my webserver, and tada.... now everything works.

Thanks for the help in pointing me to phpinfo...etc...

Comment