X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josueinaki
    • Sep 2015
    • 5.1.x

Update 5.1.9 patch 4 to last version

I am a novice who has no idea how to do it, someone could explain to me the easy and safe way?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

We have full instructions here:
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• josueinaki
      • Sep 2015
      • 5.1.x

this?

Upgrading vBulletin
      From time to time it will be necessary to upgrade your vBulletin installation to the latest version, either to gain new features or to fix newly discovered bugs in PHP, MySQL or vBulletin itself.

You can upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin 5 Connect from the following vBulletin versions:
      • Any version of vBulletin 5
      • Any version of vBulletin 4, from version 4.0.0 Beta 1 to the latest version.
      • Any version of vBulletin 3 from version 3.6.0 and newer. If your vBulletin version is older than 3.8.0, it is recommended that you upgrade to at least vBulletin 3.8.0 before you can upgrade to vBulletin 5.
      The upgrade process differs depending upon the version of vBulletin currently installed on your web server.

When upgrading, the first step is always the same, in that you must log in to the vBulletin Members' Area and download the latest vBulletin package available, as described in the installation instructions.
      Warning:
      We strongly recommend that you back up your database prior to any upgrade. This will allow you to restore your data should anything happen during the upgrade. The chance of a catastrophic failure is very remote but it can happen.

A document detailing how to back up your database is available in the Technical Documents section of the vBulletin Manual's Appendices, here.

thats is not explanation at all, this not help anyone to update nothing. Can explain the steps to do?

1 - Download last version
      2 - upload the zip in my host
      3 - make backup
      4 - ??????

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

josueinaki you didn't click the links on the left menu
        Click image for larger version

Name:	upgrade.png
Views:	56
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	4349828

You can skip creating test/development installation if you want. But it's recommended.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• josueinaki
          • Sep 2015
          • 5.1.x

success

Comment