X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axg@ams.org
    • Jan 2016
    • 5.1.x

vBulletin admincp errors after upgrade

Ever since we upgraded to 5.2.2 the admincp isn't working properly. I try to search for users and I get an error telling me vBulletin couldn't perform that function, please try again. Some features of the admincp work, but a number do not. The site is bboards.ams.org. I don't want to put my admincp credentials in the forum.

Thanks for your help,

Sherry O'Brien
    American Mathematical Society
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

I think this is the known issue where /admincp is missing in the URL of some of the pages in AdminCP. In Firefox, you can right click on the right pane and select "This Frame > Open Frame in New Tab" and then add /admincp to the url. In Chrome, you can right click and select "View frame source" and then remove "view-source:" in the url and then add /admincp.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• axg@ams.org
      • Jan 2016
      • 5.1.x

Hi Glenn,

I found /admincp was in the url so I didn't need to add it, but I still got an error when I tried to search for a profile. The error says "That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message." It shows the forum template and not the admincp interface.

Thanks,

Sherry

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Turn on debug mode temporarily to see the actual error.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blogs...vb5-debug-mode

You could turn it on for your IP address only so other users won't see the debug info in the site. For example in the root config file:

PHP Code:
        $ips = array('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'); // add IPs here
        if (in_array($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], $ips) === TRUE)
        {

$config['debug'] = true;

Do that also in the core config file but change the code inside the if-block to:

PHP Code:
        $config['Misc']['debug'] = true

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• axg@ams.org
          • Jan 2016
          • 5.1.x

Dear Glenn,

Thanks for the help. This is what I received when running debug mode and performing user search. Any ideas?

Debug: Error
          <b>API Error</b><br><b>Error:</b> node_permission_section<br><b>Args:</b><br><pre style="font-family:Lucida Console,Monaco5,monospace;font-size:small;overflow:auto;border:1px solid #CCC;">array ( 0 =&gt; 'privatemessage', )</pre>
          occurred in file /ams/web/vbulletin/core/vb5/route/privatemessage/new.php on line 41
          Trace
          • Function __construct in file /ams/web/vbulletin/core/vb5/route/privatemessage.php line 32
          • Function __construct in file /ams/web/vbulletin/core/vb5/route.php line 1122
          • Function buildUrl in file /ams/web/vbulletin/core/admincp/user.php line 265
          • Function require_once in file /ams/web/vbulletin/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php line 230
          • Function relay in file /ams/web/vbulletin/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/relay.php line 39
          • Function admincp in file line
          • Function call_user_func_array in file /ams/web/vbulletin/index.php line 84

Thanks,
          Sherry

Comment

• axg@ams.org
            • Jan 2016
            • 5.1.x

Glenn,

I found the solution thanks to the debug mode.

Answer from: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...s-broken/page2

Found a bug in VB 5.2.2
            If Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Private Message Options -> Private Messaging Enabled is set to No, you can't edit users in the Admin CP.
            Will report it, no workaround yet but to temporarily enable PMs when you need to edit a user.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

This is fixed in the upcoming 5.2.3 - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-16057
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment