X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pandoros
    • Jul 2006

Error running install

Hello,

I just uploaded all my files to my host and trying to run the install and I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '@' in /public_html/core/includes/config.php on line 49

What can I do to fix this please?

Thanks
    ~The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend~
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

You've made a mistake editing the config file.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

I suspect you removed the quotes around the $config['Database']['technicalemail'] value. It should be:

Code:
      $config['Database']['technicalemail'] = [SIZE=16px][B][COLOR=#FF0000]'[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][email protected][SIZE=16px][B][COLOR=#FF0000]'[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE];

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• pandoros
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
        I suspect you removed the quotes around the $config['Database']['technicalemail'] value. It should be:

Code:
        $config['Database']['technicalemail'] = [SIZE=16px][B][COLOR=#FF0000]'[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][email protected][SIZE=16px][B][COLOR=#FF0000]'[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE];
        I got it to work, for some reasons the quotes changed to curved quotes...

However, I get this error now

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admincp/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Which is really strange since its all in the public, and no restrictions

Any suggestions?
        thanks you
        ~The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend~

Comment