X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pwhitehead
    • Jun 2010
    • 4.2.X

Vbulletin 5 Connect Stuck

Doing a fresh install of vbulletin 5 using php version 5.4... During the installation process it got stuck at 73%, I changed the url from install to upgrade and then it got stuck at 14%. Refreshed and did upgrade again, it finished really fast and I hit go to admin page, no CSS on the page at all. Went back to upgrade again and now its stuck once again at 14%.

Whats the deal here guys? Is this known as a regular bug? My host is godaddy, which shouldn't make a difference.. Some help would be much appreciated, thanks!
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Hosts absolutely can make a difference.

Need to know what steps it's sticking on and what error is shown.

Also, make sure once you're on upgrade.php that you try refreshing the page if it stops.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• pwhitehead
      • Jun 2010
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
      Hosts absolutely can make a difference.

Need to know what steps it's sticking on and what error is shown.

Also, make sure once you're on upgrade.php that you try refreshing the page if it stops.
      It's doing the same thing on local host too Mark... After finally refreshing upgrade a bunch of times, it finally finished where it left off on where it was stuck for each instance.. Why does this happen? How could godaddy have anything to do with it? Is this a known issue, why isn't it fixed? This doesn't happen with v4.

Comment

• LockedOnLaw
        • Apr 2010
        • 6.X

Your host being GoDaddy makes all the difference. GoDaddy always hangs up during installation. It has to do with the limits they place on their packet size amongst other limits. One particular portion of the vB5 install script far exceeds their limits. That's why it appears to stop and you have to change to the upgrade script and continue multiple times. It isn't just you. It's every GoDaddy customer. That's why most people advise against using them to host vBulletin.

Comment

• pwhitehead
          • Jun 2010
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by ProSportsForums
          Your host being GoDaddy makes all the difference. GoDaddy always hangs up during installation. It has to do with the limits they place on their packet size amongst other limits. One particular portion of the vB5 install script far exceeds their limits. That's why it appears to stop and you have to change to the upgrade script and continue multiple times. It isn't just you. It's every GoDaddy customer. That's why most people advise against using them to host vBulletin.
          But as long as I refresh the upgrade script a few times and pay attention as to where it was left off, continues and finishes; I should be good to go right? Once things are all installed, I should be ok for the future? I really like Vbulletin 5 though, some things to get use to but over all it looks really consumer like!

Comment

• LockedOnLaw
            • Apr 2010
            • 6.X

Originally posted by pwhitehead
            But as long as I refresh the upgrade script a few times and pay attention as to where it was left off, continues and finishes; I should be good to go right? Once things are all installed, I should be ok for the future? I really like Vbulletin 5 though, some things to get use to but over all it looks really consumer like!
            Once it's installed it will run fine. I have several clients who use GoDaddy. Just make sure you pay careful attention to PHP and MySQL versions before upgrading.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Once install is completed, you should be good to go. I've done installs where it's needed refreshing over a hundred times and it's still been ok once up and running.

As stated, make sure php and MySQL are up to date for each subsequent upgrade, although this is true for any site regardless of any install issues.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment