How to back out of an upgrade (ie 5.1.10 to 5.1.9)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig
    • Jan 2008
    • 6.X

How to back out of an upgrade (ie 5.1.10 to 5.1.9)

Is there a method of procedure to downgrade from one version of 5.1 to a lesser version of same platform? In the event you're in the middle of an upgrade and it fails or you get errors, how to re-install the original version you started with? (understanding you cannot go back from 5.0 to 4.X or 3.X). I do know it requires using a db backup, assuming one has done that before they initiate an upgrade.

I am not having the problem, but others have, and i see no documentation that explains the steps (if possible even).
    Last edited by Craig; Mon 25 Jan '16, 8:19am.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

You can't. That's why it is very important to backup the database before upgrading.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Craig
      • Jan 2008
      • 6.X

Assume they did a back up and have it. What is the steps? Delete the entire directory and start from scratch using the db backup?
      adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
        • Nov 2014
        • 5.1.x

Just overwrite files with the previous package and restore the database. I wouldn't recommend deleting the entire public_html directory, because files and images that were not part of the original package will be deleted. If you meant delete the install directory after overwriting files with the previous package, then the answer is yes. We need do that.
        Last edited by William Thomas Jr; Mon 25 Jan '16, 11:18am.

Comment