X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRSJosh
    • Dec 2015
    • 5.1.x

Upgrade Step 5.0.0 Alpha 28 Hangs

I have set up a stage environment to test the upgrade of our forums from 4.2.3 to 5.1.9. During the upgrade to 5.0.0 Alpha 28, while 'Importing Private Messages - Step 3 of 4,' the process hangs. Inspecting the server logs reveals the following error message:
    Code:
    PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on a non-object in /srv/www/stage.hidp/forums/core/vb/string.php on line 368
    This line of code is:
    PHP Code:
    $userinfo $userinfo vB::getCurrentSession()->fetch_userinfo(); 
    So presumably I don't have a session with the upgrade process? I have tried refreshing the process, and I have tried clearing my cookies and refreshing the process. The only cookie I see is 'bbcustomerid', which is not consistent with the cookie prefix value in my config.phps. However, I have tried adjusting the cookie prefix values back to 'bb' and that did not change the outcome.

I am not sure what else to do.

I would appreciate any and all assistance! Thank you!
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

The session might have timed out. Did you try upgrade via CLI?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• TRSJosh
      • Dec 2015
      • 5.1.x

Hi Glenn, your suggestion to use the CLI worked perfectly for getting past this error! Thank you for your help!

Unfortunatey, the upgrade process is now stuck during the upgrade to 5.1.9, Step 14 - Processing XML. The CLI errors out during the processing of Template Group: Ungrouped Templates 6, with the following message:
      Code:
       Template Group: Ungrouped Templates 6
        <b>API Error</b><br><b>Error:</b> invalidid<br><b>Args:</b><br><pre style="font-family:Lucida Console,Monaco5,monospace;font-size:small;overflow:auto;border:1px solid #CCC;">array (
          0 =&gt; 'styleid',
        )</pre>
      Again, I would appreciate any assistance! Thank you!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Try re-running the upgrade script. It should pick up where it left off and might get past that error.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• TRSJosh
          • Dec 2015
          • 5.1.x

Glenn, thanks again for your assistance. Unfortunately, restarting the upgrade process did not get me past that error.

However, the error has been resolved. I got a solution from vbulletin support; the answer was to delete the row in the datastore table where title = stylecache, then rerun the upgrade process.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Glad you sorted it out.

Comment