Upgrade from console.

First upgrade based on the "normal 4.2.3. fails

Second upgrade i ...:
    I deinstalled all Mods
    I delete all Widgets
    I deleted all phrases except English

Both upgrades trerminate with:

Code:
    An error has occurred with your database. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance.

Module: 500a2, Step 1 Database Error:1054

Unknown column 'label' in 'field list'

Query:

INSERT INTO `vb_widgetdefinition`
                        (`widgetid`, `field`, `name`, `label`, `defaultvalue`, `isusereditable`, `isrequired`, `displayorder`, `validationtype`, `validationmethod`, `data`)
                        VALUES
                        (2, 'Text', 'title', 'Video Title', 'Video Title', 1, 1, 1, '', '', ''),
                        (2, 'Select', 'provider', 'Provider', 'youtube', 1, 1, 2, '', '', 'a:2:{s:7:"youtube";s:7:"YouTube";s:11:"dailymotion";s:11:"DailyMotion";}')
    Last edited by tyreco; Sun 13 Sep '15, 9:25am.
  • nissimus01
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

I have the same thing. Did you find the way around it?

Comment

• Dan_Sewell
      • Oct 2007

I had the same issue. From another post, if you do NOT clidk OK, but instead hit the browser refresh button, it will continue the upgrade. My site still did not work properly and I was getting similar db error e-mail notifications. but, all of the required database objects and columns were there.

My Solution: Since the initial upgrade made all of the database updates required, I renamed my forum folder on the target and re-copied the forum folder from scratch (Repeating initial steps of the upgrade.). Then I re-ran the upgrade and I did not get the failures for the missing columns. My guess is they have some steps out of order in the install scripts.

Comment